Pho68 - opinions

I've been here two or three times and it's one of the best places on London road. I've been to Vietnam so I realise it may not be greatly authentic in pho68 but it's very consistent and the servings won't leave you hungry!

Pity they don't have any bia hoi though...

Rubbish. If I pay for vietnamese rolls I expect vietnamese rolls. Especially after I ate them on a boat in Halong Bay :)

I doubt they were called 'Vietnamese rolls' in Ha Long.

This is the problem with Pho 68 - translation. I presume funkymiss and Espanyol were expecting goi cuon, and were disappointed not to get it, but goi cuon doesn't translate as 'spring roll' or 'Vietnamese roll', so the restaurant wasn't wrong to serve you something different. Furthermore, were a Vietnamese person to try and work out what 'spring roll' means they're unlikely to conclude that's what you're talking about.

My biggest problem with Pho 68 was that I found it impossible to order the food I wanted, because it wasn't written in Vietnamese. You have to rely on English translations and, as we've just demonstrated, they sometimes leave a lot to be desired.

Went in one raining Saturday afternoon for a quick bite to eat and had their lunch menu for £5.80. HUGE portions, very tasty, the food arrived quickly and was red hot. Have been back quite a few times since and never dissapointed, another good sign is that it is always quite full.

Indeed.This place offers gigantic portions of exquisitely flavoured , well cooked food.

Get a load of the salt n pepper beancurd.Frankly this venue is an excellent cafe.:):cool::love:

Went here on Saturday and was very impressed with the food and service. Was busy when we went in but they gave us a ring when a table was free so were able to pop to the Cremorne next door til then. The food was tasty and good value and portions a good sized. Will definitely go back again even if it wasn't quite as authentic as a vietnamese I had in Hackney once it was still very delicious.

I really love this place, its not too expensive and the food is lovely, especially the starter that you share (can't remeber exactly what its called) its a platter of lovely little bits and it's delicious! It's definitely worth a visit

I really love this place, its not too expensive and the food is lovely, especially the starter that you share (can't remeber exactly what its called) its a platter of lovely little bits and it's delicious! It's definitely worth a visit

We had this on Saturday, delicious, here's a pic!

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/388969_10150985604565455_839980454_21722803_960978070_n.jpg

The main course selection was really nice too:

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/390313_10150985609190455_839980454_21722827_662812571_n.jpg

I realise this is an old thread but ive just been to this place for the first time today for lunch but and i was impressed, does anyone have any recommendations what to eat from here both from the lunch menu and the evening one

thanks

I personally hate it when people say food is not authentic. How many people are willing to try authentic.

Some people on this forum are those who will experiment different cuisines, go to places where others wont for holidays (exotic)...I agree they can critcise but majority havent so thats why they are willing to try.

Food is customised for the western taste or whatever the country it is in.

But these places are open to make money. If something is to authentic majority would not accept. In fairness they should state STYLE in the food.

I realise this is an old thread but ive just been to this place for the first time today for lunch but and i was impressed, does anyone have any recommendations what to eat from here both from the lunch menu and the evening one

thanks

I recommend the Crispy Pork Rice :) Also Crispy Deep Fried Soft Shell Crab if you're eating in (goes a bit soggy on takeaway)

And I recommend the char-grilled beef with vermicelli, and the Vietnamese style hot and sour soup :)

I recommend the Crispy Pork Rice :) Also Crispy Deep Fried Soft Shell Crab if you're eating in (goes a bit soggy on takeaway)

And I recommend the char-grilled beef with vermicelli, and the Vietnamese style hot and sour soup :)