Removal of internal wall

I would like to have an internal load bearing wall taken down but need to feel confident that whoever does this is fully experienced,and I can go ahead with the project without feeling paranoid, If anybody can recomend a builder I would be very gratefull..

Have you had a structural engineer do his calculations and provide specifications for the steel?

If so, I could come and give you a quote.

Contact details are on the URL below.

Any idea how much approximately charges would come? (to get a rough idea of the work)

1. Structural engineer charges

2. Builders charges

and also I think we need to have council control passed before we start the work. Its not a planning permission but just some controls as I understand.

Can you recommend us a structural engineer if you know anybody?

Cheers

Any idea how much approximately charges would come? (to get a rough idea of the work)

2. Builders charges

and also I think we need to have council control passed before we start the work. Its not a planning permission but just some controls as I understand.

Cheers

Try Phil Richardson at Eastwood & Partners

Building Control would need to approve the calcs before work commences and inspect the work on completion.

Not all structural engineers can do these type of calcs.

Building Control would need to approve the calcs before work commences and inspect the work on completion.

All structural engineers can do calcs for building control. Its part of the job!!!!!

All chartered structural engineers can do load calcs...and lots more :thumbsup:

hi , please call craig for a free quote and advise tel 07941090814 thanks

2. Builders charges

Cheers

Give me a call tomorrow and i'll discuss day rates.

The number is on the URL below.

All structural engineers can do calcs for building control. Its part of the job!!!!!

You've obviously not met some of the 'structural engineers' I've met.

It's like saying all builders can build..it's part of the job....we all know that's utter nonsense

Typically, expect to pay somewhere around £50 to £75 (+VAT) per hour for a chartered structural engineers time. If the job is simply initial site visit, provision of calculations for a steel beam size, sizing padstones etc and possibly a sketch of the proposal then this would represent no more than 4 hours i.e £200-£300 +VAT.

You could try Martin Evans (look in the Sheffield yellow pages).

Do NOT allow your builder to install the steelwork without advice from an engineer, and make sure you or your builder have made a regs submission (phone the council for the forms), and have had an inspection from the inspector before the work is covered up (although in practice due to the workload on the inspectors this does not happen - but at least give them the opportunity)