The Car Boot Megathread - see first post for list of forthcoming car boot sales

Hi,

I stand pretty regulary at Marsh Lane (selling plants all home grown) and although you need to get there early, now it is on the other field theres alot more pitches . We were running late last week and didnt get there while about 6.45am and there was plenty that came on after at least 4 rows. But i do think 8.30 am is risking it plus youll loose the earlybird trade. Hope this helps .

Alison

What about getting there about 8:30 would you still get in

as a buyer ive been and gone by that time

Hi,

I stand pretty regulary at Marsh Lane (selling plants all home grown) and although you need to get there early, now it is on the other field theres alot more pitches . We were running late last week and didnt get there while about 6.45am and there was plenty that came on after at least 4 rows. But i do think 8.30 am is risking it plus youll loose the earlybird trade. Hope this helps .

Alison

Thanks for that, looks like an early start then :(

To price or not to price?

Had conflicting views as a seller, should I mark stuff up or wait to be asked? Grateful for all advice:)

I tend to price a lot of things up, mainly cos I do them with hubby and daughter, and it means they have an idea of what to ask, otherwise they'd sell everything for 20p :rolleyes:, it takes a lot of pressure off me having to think up prices on the spot.

As a buyer I prefer things priced up, as sometimes sellers are too busy to ask. It also saves the embarrassment of asking about something only to find they want too much for it.

I don't ask a lot for my stuff, and certainly only what I'd be willing to pay for things. But I don't mind a bit of haggling!

I will be at Hillsborough sports arena tomorrow, in aid of Team Matty FUNdraising, please come and support us!

what time should sellers get to Meadowhead tomorrow morning? I've never done this one before, is it good or should we venture out to Marsh Lane?

Cheers

Might be a silly question but where abouts is marsh lane, only just passed my driving test and getting used to been out and about!

Head upto meadow head and follow signs towards Eckington. Before Eckington you ill just stumble on it.

Might see you there.

Thank you very much! It will be rush tomorrow getting everything ready as only had this bright idea about an hour ago!

I will be at Hillsborough sports arena tomorrow, in aid of Team Matty FUNdraising, please come and support us!

Ill be there :)

Might be a silly question but where abouts is marsh lane, only just passed my driving test and getting used to been out and about!

Hi

You watch them speed cameras up Marsh Lane then