The Car Boot Megathread - see first post for list of forthcoming car boot sales

There is a sign up for a carboot at the Transport Ground at Meadowhead, this is only a one off, as a seller would I be better to go there or to Bowshaw just down the road.
Thanks, if you can provide a bit more info, I'll add it to the first post.

At Meadowhead there is a large sign advertising the Carboot on 30/08/09

from 8:30, There is a phone number, will post that later when i have driven past.

I think they have had a carboot before a couple of years ago.

Wadsley Bridge wmc car boot for this Saturday has been postponed until the 11th Sept 2009

Bowshaw was really good on Sunday. Not for the sellers though, I'm afraid. There were quite a few people selling a variety of designer-ish or very good quality clothes and no one (including myself) wanted to pay more than 50p an item. I felt quite sorry for them but it does seem that people won't pay much for clothes and shoes at a car boot and that if they want moe than this they're probably onto a loser.

I've tried to ring the number on the noticeboard on the roundabout (01142373216) about the car boot on Sunday, but no one answers???

I want to see if they have any more spaces, but I can't seem to get through?

Anyone else have another number?

btw I know the car boot isn't on the roundabout, but I'm not sure what you call the place! :)

It's at the transport club, try calling them in the evening, I don't think they open in the day

A car boot sale at Meadowhead roundabout?

Surely thats a bit dangerous :hihi:

Even more dangerous is trying to get the number while driving past at 30 miles per hour and not looking for cars.lol