The Car Boot Megathread - see first post for list of forthcoming car boot sales

Hi Rach

Barlow starts at 6.30am

s18 7ta

hope that helps

:) x

Hi Sweetie. Is Barlow a regular thing or just occasionally?

Is Twin Oaks definately on today?

Hi I just phoned and checked and yes it is definitely on :)

Here's hoping for lots of sellers!!!

Hi Sweetie. Is Barlow a regular thing or just occasionally?

Hi Rozee,

As far as I know its just bank holiday mondays x

Sorry but they shouldn't even call Twin Oaks a car boot imho. It was pathetic today, mostly just traders selling new items - more of a market really. If I wanted cheap toothpaste I could go to poundland. I'll not be going up to Palterton again.

Sorry but they shouldn't even call Twin Oaks a car boot imho. It was pathetic today, mostly just traders selling new items - more of a market really. If I wanted cheap toothpaste I could go to poundland. I'll not be going up to Palterton again.

well im not being funny but i grabbed some right bargains today yes there was traders but there always is no more than usual

I went to Twin Oaks as well and I thought it was crap. But then I think it's crap every time I go (about once a year) so I suppose I never learn. If you ask me the three big problems with this car boot are:

i) pathetic organisation which results in traffic backing up onto the motorway and onto the road from Chesterfield, all caused by the stupid policy of making people wait to go in, and charging them to park as they do so;

ii) too many traders and not enough genuine booters

and iii) first and foremost the greed of the 'organisers' who now charge an extortionate £1.50 to park, and even if you arrive on foot they still screw you for 75p to go in. See i) as well.

Amyrach - fair enough :) we are all entitled to our own opinions. I honestly do think however that there were far more traders than I've ever seen there and very very few 'genuine' car booters.

Metalman - have to say I agree with you on all three points. I will not be returning. Shame, it used to be brilliant!

Amyrach - fair enough :) we are all entitled to our own opinions. I honestly do think however that there were far more traders than I've ever seen there and very very few 'genuine' car booters.

Metalman - have to say I agree with you on all three points. I will not be returning. Shame, it used to be brilliant!

I promised myself I'd never go again after my one visit last year - but was persuaded by my mum and gran who are visiting and were desperate for some boot action!

I've only got myself to blame really that I found it to be absolutely rubbish and spent more on parking than on any of the items I bought :loopy: It's not as though we've not got the choice of many other car boots in this area.

Still, it got us out of the house.