The Car Boot Megathread - see first post for list of forthcoming car boot sales

On the calendar for Bakewell there is a car boot sale on Saturday 4th April 2009. The boot sale on the 4th and 5th May was in 2008 :)

http://bakewellonline.co.uk/events/01042009.html

Thanks hen. I saw 4th April but only read as far as the Pony Club bit, then zoned out - it happens to me a lot :hihi:

Fair amount of sellers and PLENTY of buyers at Twin Oaks, sadly got rained off though by a heavy shower. Everyone got there cars stuck, loads had to be towed off.
Did they refund the parking? :hihi:

Hi. Anyone know of a car boot sale in Sheffield on weekend of 18/19th April 09?

Thanks

Owen

Try the first post

is there any carboots open easter weekend ? is doncaster still open?

is there any carboots open easter weekend ? is doncaster still open?

most carboots will be open easter as for Donny do you mean the racecourse?

The racerourse one is no longer!!!

But there is one at the keepmoat stadium just down the road.

Must admit I've been very disappointed by the Tesco's ones. They've been like Blonk Street but without the class. :hihi: Didn't buy much there this week and didn't even see the entertainment by the sound of it.

We went to Twin Oaks this week and managed to avoid the downpour, we were on our way home when it started. I have to say there were a lot of comments from buyers waiting to get into the sale regarding 'dealers' buying up all the decent stuff and then re-selling on at a profit. Its not that i disagree with this but i think that they should just let everyone on together and not make the public wait. That would give everyone an equal chance to bag a bargain!! It states quite clearly NO PUBLIC TILL 1PM but the let everyone on at 12.30 so not really worth advertising it as STRICTLY NO ENTRY BEFORE 1PM.

The sellers still get pestered to death while trying to set up their stalls(i have sold there too) by the traders so i dont see why they dont just let everyone on as and when they arrive, like Marsh Lane ..and they dont charge either.

There will be a car boot sale at Paces Campus, High Green on the first Sunday in every month starting on Sunday April 5th until Sunday 4th October.

All car boots will take place from 9am till 1pm.

Pitch hire is £6 per car and £8 per van . set up time is from8am.

Admission is free. refreshments available.

Please telephone 0114 2844444 to book a pitch.

Sorry, I think you have got some of your facts a little wrong. The car boot sale is NOT held every month - they are only allowed 4 per year. The dates are 5th April, 7th June, 2nd August and 4th October. :thumbsup:

Must admit I've been very disappointed by the Tesco's ones. They've been like Blonk Street but without the class. :hihi: Didn't buy much there this week and didn't even see the entertainment by the sound of it.

yes it was quite...erm..entertaining :suspect::hihi: had to block the kids ears as we walked past due to the colourful language!

Sorry, I think you have got some of your facts a little wrong. The car boot sale is NOT held every month - they are only allowed 4 per year. The dates are 5th April, 7th June, 2nd August and 4th October. :thumbsup:

not my quote -i copied the article straight out of the Look Local newspaper:thumbsup:

I'm standing at High Green Sunday.

I'll do a SF discount rate!

Jim:thumbsup: