Mother abandons children for two weeks to go on Honeymoon.

What is the legal age for a child to be left alone in house ( I don't mean overnight)?

I actually don't think there is one! The NSPCC site has some good info on this topic.

Actually in all seriousness the chances of it turning out like the McCann case are almost negligable. There could have been all sorts of problems, but the odds on a stranger stealing one of the kids were so low as to be almost zero.

TBH we have no idea if a stranger took that child! Now the files are open it is very interesting reading just what really did go on, shame it isn't being printed in the British press.

As for the lady who wandered off to get married, at least her kids were old enough to call 999 if the need be, and No before anyone starts she was very, very wrong in leaving them alone, and should be in court charged with neglect at the very least.

Actually in all seriousness the chances of it turning out like the McCann case are almost negligable. There could have been all sorts of problems, but the odds on a stranger stealing one of the kids were so low as to be almost zero.

Would you take that chance with your kids?

He probably does on a regular basis hence his knowledge on the probability etc in his experience blah blah

A Mother abandoned her children for two weeks so she could go on a honeymoon with her new partner? Some people don't deserve to have kids and to behave in this way is simply disgraceful.

Neighbours had realised her six-year-old daughter and five-year-old son had been left with their 11-year-old sister at their terrace council house in Leeds.

Officers found the children cowering under a bed on Saturday.

I hope she is prosecuted to the full letter of the law, maybe she doesn't want her kids, I mean, to do something like this you surely can't love them?

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/59426/Mum-leaves-three-children-to-go-on-2-week-honeymoon-

A Mother abandoned her children for two weeks so she could go on a honeymoon with her new partner? Some people don't deserve to have kids and to behave in this way is simply disgraceful.

I hope she is prosecuted to the full letter of the law, maybe she doesn't want her kids, I mean, to do something like this you surely can't love them?

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/59426/Mum-leaves-three-children-to-go-on-2-week-honeymoon-

Already a thread about this on here.

The children's father only lives half a mile away. I wonder why he isn't in constant touch with these children - and why the 11 year old didn't let him know the mother had gone away?

The report mentions that a member of the (father's?) family was supposed to care for the children, so I don't think the mother set out to leave them unsupervised.

It's unfortunate that coverage seems to rely heavily on the absentee father.

The children's father only lives half a mile away. I wonder why he isn't in constant touch with these children - and why the 11 year old didn't let him know the mother had gone away?

Possibly a court requirement following the divorce?

Good gravy! I found it hard to leave my lad, with his uncle babysitting just for a couple of hours on a Monday evening, once a week.

I could never have dreamed of leaving him alone for that time let alone overnight, or longer.

Possibly a court requirement following the divorce?

Some of the report was quoting the father, so it was a reasonable assumption that he has some involvement with his children. Even if the mum had made arrangements for the children to be looked after - wouldn't most of us be ringing up on a very regular basis to make sure everything's ok?