Does anyone else have lovely neighbours like me?

Since leaving home I have had four houses, never had a bad neighbour. When I moved into my first house, it was summer and I was so busy getting it as I wanted that I neglected the garden.... soon a letter came signed by all the near neighbours asking me to tidy up the garden!! I sent them all a letter back saying I would have prefered a note welcoming me to the street but nevertheless would make time to weed the garden. They all apologised and we got on really well after that..... in fact, about five years later when we move they all asked if we would consider staying so as not to break up the happy group.

Now on my fourth home and still great neighbours.

Well, mine have a set of keys and always take the bins down for me. Also we go out together and stuff as well.

My 3 sets of neighbours on one side are all great, take the bins out and everything :)

On the other side, they're fecking annoying. I think it's just the way the houses are built but the bloke that lives there's most common phrases are 'yer what?' and '****in ell' which i don't really need to know. Their alarm clock wakes me up 45 mins earlier than I actually want to get up (that's what earplugs are good for ;) ) too.

Thankfully I rent and will be out in the next few months :)

At my last house the neighbours were wonderful. We were in a mid terrace and was on a "block" with 4 other houses, we shared the same access point to the back gardens etc.

They were all lovely for the most part. they wern't all my kind of people but we all kept an eye out for each other is one of us was away, put bins out and brought them in, we used to all have BBQs together in summer and fireworks together in November. My next door but one neighbours were the best. Whenever I was ill or had been in hospital they would prepare meals for me and bring them round so I could just microwave them, they looked after my cats if I was on holiday, watered the plants etc. We did the same for them too, we often took each other cakes round, had dinner together. I wish they had moved with me!

My neighbours now? Meh. When I first moved in I knocked on the door to introduce myself. They listened to me say hello and who I was and just shut the door in my face! They ignore me if they see me in the street, they were once asked to take ina package for me by the postie but refused and they often block my drive with their car.

Things are getting a little better. one of them women now says hello to me after I helped her out a few months ago when she had a bit of trouble. I don't think we will ever be friends with our neighbours but it would be nice if we could get on better, seeing as we live withina few feet of each other!

I keep myself to myself where I live as I have been close to neighbours and stuff before and it does not work.

I have also lived on a street where every tom ,dick and harrry would **** in a pot about eachh other.

So made a vow that I would no way be making good friends with anyone on this road. I do say hi though when I see them as iim not rude either. Anyway just to get my point out I was really shockeed this christmas.

The guys path slopes next door up on to the public footpath and then up his drive. We use the bottom slope to get my wheelchair on the footpath. And my husband gritted it when it snowed so he did not have to struggle with the chair. The neighbours must of been grateful he did it so his cars could get up to the drive and they bought us a big box of chocs round for xmas.

And then the night after the chinese family over the road got us chocs to. I felt so pleased that they had done that it was sweet. So i sent them all a thankyou card and wine. I love where I live it is quiet as hell and is friendly x