Google web browser (Chrome)

Like the idea of the home page providing links to commonly used sites..
Another idea first done by Opera.

IE7 and FF3 definitely give you complete full screen with F11 on WinXP.

Using F11 on IE7 and Firefox 3 will giver you a fuller screen, but they aren't 100% full screen like Opera.

In IE and Firefox you will still get some of the browser on the screen, with Opera you get NONE of the browser on the screen.

[just discovered I can resize textarea elements on the page with my mouse :)]
Doesn't seem to be anything of that nature when using laptop and trackpad!

Oh and you can zoom in and out very easily in Opera too. Without breaking page design as when text only is enlarged.

I like it, satisfies my browsing needs very well :D Plus its one more browser thats not made by microsoft and not closed source.

Using F11 on IE7 and Firefox 3 will giver you a fuller screen, but they aren't 100% full screen like Opera.

In IE and Firefox you will still get some of the browser on the screen, with Opera you get NONE of the browser on the screen.

FF3 is full screen apart from a thin strip of a few pixels to pull down the nav bar. Seriously though, who cares? How many people browser in full-screen mode? I can't imagine it's many.

Oh and you can zoom in and out very easily in Opera too. Without breaking page design as when text only is enlarged.

This is beginning to sound like a cheerleading chime for Opera instead of an appraisal for Chrome!;)

I would say though that Opera's magnifying zoom feature is absolutely brilliant and is very understated as an Opera benefit.

It's so handy when you find yourself straining you eyes trying to read small or even tiny text, I use on a daily basis, and you can resize the text to up to 1000%.

It's also very handy when you want a blow up amd scrutinise of a small image

I have not found this useful feature on any other browser, and Chromes text resizing is quite laughable in comparison to Opera's.

FF3 is full screen apart from a thin strip of a few pixels to pull down the nav bar. Seriously though, who cares? How many people browser in full-screen mode? I can't imagine it's many.

But hang on, the whole point about the "Full screen" argument came about because some liked the fuller webpage and less browser aspect about Chrome.

There's nothing wrong with pointing out that Opera is the only browser to give you 100% full webpage and 0% with one simple press of the F11 key browser?:huh:

... Without breaking page design as when text only is enlarged.

That's down to site design rather than browser :P

It is 100% full screen in FF3 (I don't use IE, so I couldn't tell you about that):

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u118/alex_shenfield/?action=view&current=untrue.jpg

initially there is a menu bar, but it goes in less than a second.

Simply as most people do not know how to enable it or even that it exist, I'd imagine few do ustilise feature.

It is 100% full screen in FF3 (I don't use IE, so I couldn't tell you about that):

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u118/alex_shenfield/?action=view&current=untrue.jpg

initially there is a menu bar, but it goes in less than a second.

There are still scroll bars, you don't get that with Opera, although I'm not sure if your scroll bars come from your capture medium or not.

I can't seem to get rid of the address bar on Firefox either, not by hitting F11 anyway.