Google web browser (Chrome)

Not au fait with web design have you. Print in a book is unvarying. It's always the size it's printed at. The layout doesn't change depending on where you read it or even if you lend it to a friend.

Web browing is completely different as people use different browsers, different OSs, different sized monitors. So how a site looks, can vary enormously. And if you have a high res monitor, then type will tend to be a bit on the small side.

Nothing to do with ads. Actually sites with ads on tend to have narrower text columns which often inproves reading. Reading text that spans entire screen is very difficult and unpleasant.

So designers should not care about readability issues because you will come along with Opera and resize the page to your liking. Hmmmm. Somehow i think if the site was well designed to begin with, your need for a zoom feature would cease.

It's true the Chrome browser does give you more webpage and less tool bar space than other browsers in default viewing mode..........

however jezzyjj is indeed correct, Opera is the only main stream browser that I know of that can give you 100% webpage and nothing else.

Just hit your keyboards F11 key, or alternatively if you think your F11 key is too far out of reach ,then simply right click and select "Full Screen".

When in full screen mode simple use your cursor arrow keys to scroll up or down the page.

To exit full screen simply hit the F11 key or right click and select "Full Screen"

So If it's more focus on the webpage you want then Opera beats Chrome in that regard.

Except I'm not after a full screen experience - I still want my toolbars and everything, but this seems to emphasise the page through design, it's probably not actually any different at all!

Wow, that license is unbelievable, it seems Google is trying to outdo MS on every front, including evilness.

not seen any annoying advertisements or popups, and the spell checker is good, I curse FF3 when it doesn't work.

My only niggle with the in-built spell checker was that I couldn't see any option to turn it off.

All SF adds were visible and same for all 'flash' banner adds too on other sites.

The big plus is the speed Chrome renders pages ... on par with K-Meleon. :)

Wow, that license is unbelievable, it seems Google is trying to outdo MS on every front, including evilness.

I've just read section 11.1 of the Chrome EULA. If I used Chrome to upload photos to my Flikr album, am I correct that Google would have the right to reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any of my Content that I have submitted, posted or displayed on or through the Service? :confused:

So designers should not care about readability issues because you will come along with Opera and resize the page to your liking. Hmmmm. Somehow i think if the site was well designed to begin with, your need for a zoom feature would cease.
Did you even read my post that this is a response to? :confused: Unlikely judging by such an ignorant/I'm not interested in the facts/or what was actually written in post response?

Why even bother to respond to posts you haven't got the good manners to read? :rant:

Go back and read post. All the words and in the order they were written.

I've just read section 11.1 of the Chrome EULA. If I used Chrome to upload photos to my Flikr album, am I correct that Google would have the right to reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any of my Content that I have submitted, posted or displayed on or through the Service? :confused:
Google seem to want to be able to access, reproduce or do what ever they want with anything that can be displayed online and seem totally dismissive of copyright. This EULA is not surprising. And if word gets spread, no-one wih half a brain will use it.

The general consensus seems to be that the EULA is a cut and paste from another Google Service and will likely get changed in future Betas. But it might not.

Google seem to want to be able to access, reproduce or do what ever they want with anything that can be displayed online and seem totally dismissive of copyright. This EULA is not surprising. And if word gets spread, no-one wih half a brain will use it.

The general consensus seems to be that the EULA is a cut and paste from another Google Service and will likely get changed in future Betas. But it might not.

Thanks jezzyjj and hotphil. :thumbsup:

Did you even read my post that this is a response to? :confused: Unlikely judging by such an ignorant/I'm not interested in the facts/or what was actually written in post response?

Why even bother to respond to posts you haven't got the good manners to read? :rant:

Go back and read post. All the words and in the order they were written.

Whats the problem, you told me the web is completely different to books. But web is no different to print, as in you set the text size to a value and the text comes out to the end user at that value. Its not like an 12pt text will be hugely different on all the platforms/browsers and in all fonts; it will still be 12pt big.

Why dont you reply to my message instead of going of on a rant about me reading yours.

Just downloaded it on my home laptop and the scrolling doesn't work. I can use the touchpad to scroll down but not up. Anyone else having this problem? Found a few people that seem to be and offer a solution but it doesn't work for me :-(