Google web browser (Chrome)

I love Opera Speed Dial, I use it all the time, it's brilliant:) and you can hide Opera's speed dial by simple clicking the button at the bottom, you can't do that with Chrome's version as far as I can tell.

That's exactly what I mean. I can turn it off only to the extent that when I start Chrome, I can display a blank page rather than the Most Visited page. But open a new tab, and Most Visited is back... I've tried deleting today's history, opening a page incognito, but still get a fully-populated Most Visited page... It's still beta time... I hope! :rolleyes:

It's okay, not really used it enough to give a proper review of it, although after all the hype I was expecting something a bit more special.

Aside from the sandboxed tab benefit, it doesn't appear to have as many features as the standard Opera installation, and doesn't seem to offer any better performance.

I'm willing to keep trialing it for a little while longer, but at the moment I don't think I'll be switching from Opera anytime soon.

Kingmaker has been recommending Opera as long as I can remember. What is Speed Dialling ?

Had a quick play earlier and was impressed, looks good for a beta that's not hit 1.0 yet. Also it's open source so there's plenty of scope for extra features in different releases etc. The architecture of it has been thought about long and hard, running each tab as a process and sandboxing by default is a very good idea.

Should be interesting to see it develop, hopefully a Linux version won't be too far behind.

Kingmaker has been recommending Opera as long as I can remember. What is Speed Dialling ?

"Speed Dial gives you quick access to your favorite Web sites. Every time a new tab is opened, you are presented with a 3x3 grid of thumbnails, each representing a Web address. To open a page, click on the corresponding thumbnail, or use the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl + [1-9].

To save a Web address as a speed dial entry, open a new tab and click on one of the nine squares. A dialogue box presents a multitude of options, including frequently visited pages and open pages: you may select a Web page from the list or type in a new address. It is also possible to drag and drop from bookmarks, panels, or any other location where Web addresses are displayed.

To delete a speed dial entry, click on the cross on the upper right corner of the thumbnail. To rearrange, drag and drop the thumbnails from one space to another. If you drop a thumbnail from one space onto an already occupied space, the entries will be exchanged. If you drop an address from outside speed dial onto an already occupied space, the old entry will be overwritten"

In other words, you can click on an image of your favorite (sic) web sites rather than pick it from your bookmarks list or just click it from your personal bar...

In my words, a waste of time. Kingmaker may have a different opinion :D

"Speed Dial gives you quick access to your favorite Web sites. Every time a new tab is opened, you are presented with a 3x3 grid of thumbnails, each representing a Web address. To open a page, click on the corresponding thumbnail, or use the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl + [1-9].

To save a Web address as a speed dial entry, open a new tab and click on one of the nine squares. A dialogue box presents a multitude of options, including frequently visited pages and open pages: you may select a Web page from the list or type in a new address. It is also possible to drag and drop from bookmarks, panels, or any other location where Web addresses are displayed.

To delete a speed dial entry, click on the cross on the upper right corner of the thumbnail. To rearrange, drag and drop the thumbnails from one space to another. If you drop a thumbnail from one space onto an already occupied space, the entries will be exchanged. If you drop an address from outside speed dial onto an already occupied space, the old entry will be overwritten"

In other words, you can click on an image of your favorite (sic) web sites rather than pick it from your bookmarks list or just click it from your personal bar...

Thanks !!! I have Bookmarked this page.:thumbsup:

I think I may!:D

.............but let's not start that debate again!:thumbsup:

I'm really enjoying chrome, it has a very simple, friendly interface that just doesn't get in the way as much as IE. I agree that Firefox is incredibly overrated, can't stand it. Haven't tried Opera.

Think I'll be sticking with Chrome though, it kind of feels like my screen is bigger when I use this, I like the way they've tried to make everything concentrate on the actual webpage you're viewing instead of their toolbars.

I asked because Firefox keeps putting me notices up to download their latest one. I may wait to see what chrome is like.

Downloaded this and I like it so far. It looks really neat and seems to be really fast. Going to start using this as my default browser and see how we go. Thumbs up so far though :thumbsup:

Just uninstalled Chrome and now using my default browser, K-Meleon. :thumbsup:

just giving it a try

just as a moan why does google say its only a small download but the minute you run the installer it starts downloading again

its like saying ill sell you something for a quid but if you use it i want a fiver