Sheffield accent - do you like it?

sheffield accent bang on i love it!i think its rate sexy!what does everyone else think?

I'd tell you if I understood the question! :huh:

that the sheffield accent is sexy,what does everyone else think???!!!!

Personally, I don't like it. I cringe when I hear people from Sheffield being interviewed on TV, because they normally sound a little bit dim.

K x

LOL

I'm not a native to Sheffield and I'm not reet keen on it either. The only person that I have heard that sounds remotely sexy would be Sean Bean - but he's got that macho aura that surrounds him ;)

Originally posted by Moonfire

LOL

I'm not a native to Sheffield and I'm not reet keen on it either. The only person that I have heard that sounds remotely sexy would be Sean Bean - but he's got that macho aura that surrounds him ;)

When I mentioned people on TV, I didn't mean one of the handful of celebrities that Sheffield produced, I mean people interviewed on the news or on game shows etc. :rant: They always seem to choose the people with the broadest accents!

K x

its horrid, i have quite a strong accent and its a real handicap when im talking on phone at work and such

I love the scott accent and also middlesborough has a good one

Originally posted by Kristian

When I mentioned people on TV, I didn't mean one of the handful of celebrities that Sheffield produced, I mean people interviewed on the news or on game shows etc. :rant: They always seem to choose the people with the broadest accents!

K x

I was just giving as an example - maybe it was a bad one but hey, no offence meant :)

I have just got used to it now and I don't really notice it now - well apart from when the kids say watta instead of water ;)

well i am from nottingham and i have many friends in sheffield and i think its a wicked accent,we say quite a lot of the same words eg mardy,rate.alrate,mi sen,mashin, snap etc and i qiute often get folk askin me if i am from yorkshire as i seem to develop an accent when i talk to people from sheffield.

Originally posted by Hubert

its horrid, i have quite a strong accent and its a real handicap when im talking on phone at work and such

I love the scott accent and also middlesborough has a good one

a Middlesbourough accent can be really difficult to understand - I find, in fact peole from Glasgow as well - if they have got a really thick accent :(

i aint rate keen on scots accent i find it very difficult to understand.does anyone find there is a large difference in accents from sheff to rotherham to barnsley to leeds etc?

I think that Rotherham is more Northern Yorkshire sounding