Manor allotments. What are they like?

at least we could get to the plot - if you'd picked a higher number we'd have had no chance! :hihi:

Have you put the pics up on facebook yet? I'd like to pinch them for this thread to show people what we're dealing with.:hihi:

Mine looked like that two years ago. Get some good thick gloves and wear long sleeves is my advice. It's actually a good time to be clearing it as stuff is just beginning to die back. And good luck!

Mine looked like that two years ago. Get some good thick gloves and wear long sleeves is my advice. It's actually a good time to be clearing it as stuff is just beginning to die back. And good luck!

Thanks for the encouragement.

We're going in on Saturday to get started. We have decided to pick berries untill we cant reach any more ripe ones and the cut it back untill we get to some more and so on.

I'm off to B&Q for some very sharp loppers and secateurs and big garden sacks and then we aim to have some fun.

I just hope the rain stays off us for a few days.

I got my keys today and WOW!

It's lucky we're not scared of a bit of hard work:hihi:

On the plus side I have a bumper crop of Blackberries without even trying:D

lol yeah there a few blackberrys mine is the one down near the really big part hope to see you around

i recomend pertol lawn mower it works wonders ;)

Well we got about a third of it cleared today and it's looking good.

I met my neighbour, who seems lovely and had a chat about security and who's who.

I'm full of beans and can't stop grinning, I can't believe how much I've missed having a garden.

id be interested in having a look around if anyone will be there on sunday or monday and could let me in?

id be interested in having a look around if anyone will be there on sunday or monday and could let me in?

I'll be there tomorrow morning, I'll pm you my mobile number if you want a look around.

Thanks for the encouragement.

We're going in on Saturday to get started. We have decided to pick berries untill we cant reach any more ripe ones and the cut it back untill we get to some more and so on.

I'm off to B&Q for some very sharp loppers and secateurs and big garden sacks and then we aim to have some fun.

I just hope the rain stays off us for a few days.

my favorites.........................:love:

6 months ago the manor allotments were a load of rubbish, with the only decent ones plots 1-5 which all have their own individual partitions and doors/locks. The rest of the plots were overgrown with a lot of flytipping all over the place.

I went to see the site again last weekend and surprised at how much better it looks now. Loads of plots have been taken up, and I snapped up one of them :) I'll be seeing you lot soon I'm sure.

As far as I am aware its the only site in sheffield without a waiting list.

I'm waiting for my tenancy agreement now so I can go and get stuck in.

I've taken plot 24, if you fancy being neighbours?:hihi:

I tried to get that plot but obviously you got there before me :hihi:

I think I am more or less opposite to yours, plot number 40 ... see you there soon. I have just checked with the Office and the contract has been sent out, so I should be out and about there in a weekend or so's time.

6 months ago the manor allotments were a load of rubbish, with the only decent ones plots 1-5 which all have their own individual partitions and doors/locks. The rest of the plots were overgrown with a lot of flytipping all over the place.

I went to see the site again last weekend and surprised at how much better it looks now. Loads of plots have been taken up, and I snapped up one of them :) I'll be seeing you lot soon I'm sure.

Sounds very much like our site (Hagg House) a couple of years again, then people started taking on one or two plots which got things moving and more people became interesed. Now it is full with a waiting list of over 50. They're not all being worked, but that's a different story...

I tried to get that plot but obviously you got there before me :hihi:

I think I am more or less opposite to yours, plot number 40 ... see you there soon. I have just checked with the Office and the contract has been sent out, so I should be out and about there in a weekend or so's time.

I'll have a flask of coffee and a fire as a welcome:D

If it's the one opposite mine you have a Japanese knotweed problem in the making, but I have evil plans for that nasty plant, so fear not;)