Manor allotments. What are they like?

thanks!!! youve just made my day :-)

i was expecting it to be near the cemetry on city road(dont know why just had it in my head!) from heeley gleedless road isnt that far at all, and a much nicer bike ride!

ill cu up there Mojo 1!

I think you'll find that the allotments you are after are on City road.The Travellers pub there is shut,so won't feature on Google.The Halfway or Herdings tram will get you there from town,get off at Spring Lane.

Look forward to seeing you up there, keep your eyes peeled for a pink haired woman, swearing at her spade:hihi:

lol, ill be the purple haired one talking to the plants!

I just handed in my acceptance slip. I should get a tenancy agreement in the next couple of days and then its all go.

The security up there looks fantastic as in it looks like a prison, I expected guard towers and snarling Rotties when I saw the size of the fence.

well mojo, u were right about the secutirty...i went up on sunday in the porring rain (impatient as ever!) and couldnt bloody get in!, twas nice of the council to let me know about the locked gate...how did you get in to have a look round?

well mojo, u were right about the secutirty...i went up on sunday in the porring rain (impatient as ever!) and couldnt bloody get in!, twas nice of the council to let me know about the locked gate...how did you get in to have a look round?

I didn't.

I'm an impatient sod and figured with security that good, they can't be too bad:hihi:

I used to live just down the road from there and the soil in the area looks similar to what I had in my garden. If it is then it's amazing and should be fantastic to work.

I'm waiting for my tenancy agreement now so I can go and get stuck in.

I've taken plot 24, if you fancy being neighbours?:hihi:

ah bugger, i was hoping maybe you could tell me which ones were the ones to pick! im definately gonna take one, the only thing stopping me was the chavtasticness of the surroundings! (iused to live round there to but it was like being back in rotherham, even the 10 year olds shouted freak!) but from the looks of it theres no way ill get any hassle on there, and i can now personally vouch for the security, but to be honest im not even sure anyone would knwo the allotments were there anyway!

aye neighbours sounds good, i just dont wanna end up chosing a plot and then getting up there and realising ive picked the one with all the brambles! just athought but if you get ur tenancy thru and they send you a key (they better do!) would i be able to come up with you one day and have a look around? if not maybe when you get up to 23 you could let me know whether 22 or 24 looks less overgrown! im really excited tho, was quite disapointed on sunday not to be able to have a proper look

ah bugger, i was hoping maybe you could tell me which ones were the ones to pick! im definately gonna take one, the only thing stopping me was the chavtasticness of the surroundings! (iused to live round there to but it was like being back in rotherham, even the 10 year olds shouted freak!) but from the looks of it theres no way ill get any hassle on there, and i can now personally vouch for the security, but to be honest im not even sure anyone would knwo the allotments were there anyway!

aye neighbours sounds good, i just dont wanna end up chosing a plot and then getting up there and realising ive picked the one with all the brambles! just athought but if you get ur tenancy thru and they send you a key (they better do!) would i be able to come up with you one day and have a look around? if not maybe when you get up to 23 you could let me know whether 22 or 24 looks less overgrown! im really excited tho, was quite disapointed on sunday not to be able to have a proper look

No problem, I'll let you know as soon as I get the key:D

Much excitement!

I've just signed my tenancy agreement, we're going to hand it in tomorrow and hopefully get the key to the site.

sorry not been on forum for a while i have had a plot on mannor for a while there is a few of us on there if any one wants to have a look around pm me and we can arrange a time to have a look

btw the empty plots are a little (lot) over grown :(

sorry not been on forum for a while i have had a plot on mannor for a while there is a few of us on there if any one wants to have a look around pm me and we can arrange a time to have a look

btw the empty plots are a little (lot) over grown :(

I got my keys today and WOW!

It's lucky we're not scared of a bit of hard work:hihi:

On the plus side I have a bumper crop of Blackberries without even trying:D

I got my keys today and WOW!

It's lucky we're not scared of a bit of hard work:hihi:

On the plus side I have a bumper crop of Blackberries without even trying:D

at least we could get to the plot - if you'd picked a higher number we'd have had no chance! :hihi: