Manor allotments. What are they like?

I've been offered an allotment at the Manor, behind the Travellers and I was hoping that someone on here has a plot there already and can tell me a bit about the site.

I'm very excited and will be pumping you all for tips and info as I progress with this plot.

Please any info at all will be great.

I also have been offered one of these, and funnily enough was about to start an identical post! I was hopign for one in heeley (arent we all!) but am a little impatient so was considering taking one on the Manor, but i have no idea where it is, can anyone tell me a street name near it or what bus would get there? also, whats it like for rats, vandalism etc?

and is there a community type hut where i can hire tools like in the heeley allotment?

thanks!

I also have been offered one of these, and funnily enough was about to start an identical post! I was hopign for one in heeley (arent we all!) but am a little impatient so was considering taking one on the Manor, but i have no idea where it is, can anyone tell me a street name near it or what bus would get there? also, whats it like for rats, vandalism etc?

and is there a community type hut where i can hire tools like in the heeley allotment?

thanks!

Yes we are all wanting a Heeley one:hihi:.

But impatient beggers can't be choosers. Good questions, I'm far too excited to think of practicalities at the moment.

A tip for getting your own tools is to try freecycle:thumbsup:

Ah good idea, thanks!

i wonder if i could take it and still be on the waiting list at another site...

pkay, so in an attempt to help myself i have tried to find the travellers rest pub, since the manor allotments are supposed to be near there...but according to google its in arbourthorne ? near gleedless road, is this the right place?

Ah good idea, thanks!

i wonder if i could take it and still be on the waiting list at another site...

Yes, you can do this. I'm pretty sure there is no clear rule about the number of plots you can have. Not sure which sites in Heeley you're looking at but the waiting list for Heeley and District site (end of Meersbrook Rd) has a waiting list of 120. The expected waiting time is about a year (the office is doing more frequent inspections and trying harder to remove tenants who don't work their plot).

cool. i think ill prob do that...well, if i ever find manor allotments lol

pkay, so in an attempt to help myself i have tried to find the travellers rest pub, since the manor allotments are supposed to be near there...but according to google its in arbourthorne ? near gleedless road, is this the right place?

it is Arbourthorne and near Gleadless Road!

thanks!!! youve just made my day :-)

i was expecting it to be near the cemetry on city road(dont know why just had it in my head!) from heeley gleedless road isnt that far at all, and a much nicer bike ride!

ill cu up there Mojo 1!

it is Arbourthorne and near Gleadless Road!

sorry, just re-read that...you did mean thats where the allotments are didnt you? (and not just the pub)

i just cant understand why theyd be called the manor allotments when theyre in arbourthorne...

Ah, finally got an answer from the not to friendly man in the council office...

manor allotments are just by city road :-( but he said i could expect to wait 5-6 YEARS for a heeley allotment! seriously?!? and suggested i put my name on the meersbrooke list instead as it would be ONLY a 12-18 months wait

well, fingers crossed the manor ones are nice lol

Ah, finally got an answer from the not to friendly man in the council office...

manor allotments are just by city road :-( but he said i could expect to wait 5-6 YEARS for a heeley allotment! seriously?!? and suggested i put my name on the meersbrooke list instead as it would be ONLY a 12-18 months wait

well, fingers crossed the manor ones are nice lol

Hopefully they are, I think I'll put down my name for Meersbrook aswell as it's slightly closer to home.

Look forward to seeing you up there, keep your eyes peeled for a pink haired woman, swearing at her spade:hihi: