The new Islam megathread

Which School of Law do you follow in Islam?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which School of Law do you follow in Islam?

• Maliki
    • Shafi
    • Hanbali
    • Hanafi
    • I dont follow one
    • Look you tinpot, whats a school of law?

Think they have to be buried within 24 hours

Nope.

Koran/Hadith only says "as soon as possible".

That's what fridges are for.

Or embalming; but Islam does not, apparently, allow either. That's why they have to bury the body as soon as possible to satisfy the demands of their religion.

Non-Muslims, who have no such obligations, can bury a body whenever the crematorium happens to be open. They don't NEED to have it open specially for them on a weekend.

.. but Islam does not, apparently, allow either. .........

I welcome the evidence that the Koran or a Hadith makes any reference to keeping a body cool to delay decomposition.

You will find many mortuary chillers in Islamic states.

It is discrimination, and they need pulling up for it.

Just don't tell the Daily Mail, they'll make front page news of it forever.

If you agree its discrimination why shouldn’t the Mail run a story on hit, I don’t get your logic though, I doubt it would make the front page.:D

If you agree its discrimination why shouldn’t the Mail run a story on hit, I don’t get your logic though, I doubt it would make the front page.:D

Do keep up mate, the Daily Fail, as I call it for obvious reasons, loves any negative story about Muslims, cos it winds their readers up who then start flooding their forum bitching about everything to do with them.

It is discrimination, and they need pulling up for it.

Just don't tell the Daily Mail, they'll make front page news of it forever.

And why shouldn't it be front page, why hide it ?

Im pleased I did my bit to get this story more exposure,lets hope the council think again and make weekend burials available to all.:)

And lets remember the family might be members of this forum so lets keep it civil.

Nope.

Koran/Hadith only says "as soon as possible".

Yes, which in actual fact means usually by the next time for prayer.

So far as I'm aware, the Muslim faith is the only one that requires an almost-immediate burial. Denying the same service to people of other faiths is not discriminating against them, because they don't ask for it.

Jews also require that the dead are buried within 24 hours, although special exceptions can be made, if, for example, relatives have to travel from a long way away.

My own father had to fly from London to Israel at short notice, to attend his mother's funeral, so it was held off by 24 hours or so.

As far as I know, Jewish funerals cannot take place on the Shabbat (Saturdays), and likewise I would assume that devout Muslims are not permitted to bury their dead on Fridays, the Muslim Holy Day, so being allowed to bury the dead on Saturday seems logical.

The best policy, surely, is to permit burial at whichever time is most convenient to the deceased and the mourners.

The best policy, surely, is to permit burial at whichever time is most convenient to the deceased and the mourners.

I agree with this 100%,but thats common sense isnt it this council dont do common sense.:(

No, its a governmental failure local and nationally, to see what damage can be done by pandering to minority groups.

Don't they grovel to minorities to win votes?