The new Islam megathread

Which School of Law do you follow in Islam?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which School of Law do you follow in Islam?

• Maliki
    • Shafi
    • Hanbali
    • Hanafi
    • I dont follow one
    • Look you tinpot, whats a school of law?

There's a simple way around this.

If you find yourself feeling really ill on a Friday, why not become a Muslim so that you can be buried at the weekend, should the need arise? If you survive the weekend you can always convert back on the Monday.

Hope that helps!

If you find yourself feeling really ill on a Friday, why not become a Muslim so that you can be buried at the weekend, should the need arise? If you survive the weekend you can always convert back on the Monday.

Hope that helps!

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

It is discrimination, and they need pulling up for it.

Just don't tell the Daily Mail, they'll make front page news of it forever.

I have sent the Mail a copy,hope they publish it and embarrass the council.:)

I'm sure this is not true. A friend of mine wrote a novel which feautured a funeral on a Satruday; I queried it and she checked with a vicar who said you can have a Christian burial on a Saturday. It may only be problematic in terms of finding a 'slot' as it were as a lot of weddings take place on Saturdays.

Excellent advice Basil. Instead of organ donor cards, maybe we should have Muslim conversion cards just in case we're run over by a bus on a Friday.

Maybe, but if the reason given for not being able to have the burial was due to faith, then it's discrimination.

Maybe, but if the reason given for not being able to have the burial was due to faith, then it's discrimination.

So far as I'm aware, the Muslim faith is the only one that requires an almost-immediate burial. Denying the same service to people of other faiths is not discriminating against them, because they don't ask for it.

Hope that helps!

Don't they stone the ones that convert away from the religion, maybe just a slight flaw in the plan.:hihi:

So far as I'm aware, the Muslim faith is the only one that requires an almost-immediate burial. Denying the same service to people of other faiths is not discriminating against them, because they don't ask for it.

But they did ask for it and were reportedly denied access to the service because of their faith. That's discrimination.

Is this somehow muslims fault?

No, its a governmental failure local and nationally, to see what damage can be done by pandering to minority groups.

No, its a governmental failure local and nationally, to see what damage can be done by pandering to minority groups.

You you think it makes people hate the minority though?

Not a muslims fault. No doubt some folk in a non-elected department will have been too focussed on giving themselves cushy policy-deciding roles on committees to make themselves look busy rather than actually thinking what their policy means and how idiotic (and legally questionable) it is.