The best Gluten free places in sheffield!

I know it's not Sheffield but El Piano in York is absolutely fantastic. We've eaten there the last two times we've been to York and will no doubt return next time.

Fusion Cafe!

Plenty of things are gluten free including up to three cakes at a time - orange polenta and almond, courgette and lime buns and most of the time a cheesecake too, chocolate or fruit.

Plus we have home made rye bread with our soups or with our many different freshly made salads an example of some:

golden globe beetroot with orange and a fresh basil and balsamic reduction

tabbouleh with fresh corn and herbs

black turtle beans with sauteed peppers, onion and garlic

japanese rice noodles with romanesco and an oriental dressing

roasted squash, fennel and parsnip in a herby dressing

cucumber, cherry toms, peppers, onion and our own marinated olives

We also have other stuff like home cured salmon, chorizo, hummus etc as well as our changing specials!

Come check us out :)

We went to The Angel in Holmefield last weekend for Sunday lunch, and it was fantastic! We went a few years ago and it was OK, but we were a bit disappointed. I had a brownie for dessert which looked suspiciously like something you could have bought for a quarter of the price in Sainsburys!

But now it's great! My son had gluten-free fish and chips (lovely batter) and my wife had a gluten free roast. Roasts can be easily gluten free, but having gluten free gravy and Yorkshire pud was a real treat. And the desert chosen was an apricot and almond tart, which was really nice. Lots of choice for all courses all well marked on the menu. Highly recommended.

i have Coeliac and its poop.....however in sheffield there is a gluten free fish and chip shop at sharrowvale called Green steps....it does gf pies chips fish and its amazing. TGI fridays also has a GF menu....there is one in meadowhall now....Damons at crystal peaks hass a coeliac menu and ive found that Nando's are really good...they ahve an allergin list for whats in all of their food...you can see them cooking it and request for it separate...never had a problem yet. There is also a chinese which i haven't tried yet on west street...i think its call wu mei or something like that

hope this helps....i feel your pain :D

Fusion Cafe!

Plenty of things are gluten free including up to three cakes at a time - orange polenta and almond, courgette and lime buns and most of the time a cheesecake too, chocolate or fruit.

Plus we have home made rye bread with our soups or with our many different freshly made salads an example of some:

golden globe beetroot with orange and a fresh basil and balsamic reduction

tabbouleh with fresh corn and herbs

black turtle beans with sauteed peppers, onion and garlic

japanese rice noodles with romanesco and an oriental dressing

roasted squash, fennel and parsnip in a herby dressing

cucumber, cherry toms, peppers, onion and our own marinated olives

We also have other stuff like home cured salmon, chorizo, hummus etc as well as our changing specials!

Come check us out

You should wash your beard, then shave it off, nail it to a Frisbee and fling it over a rainbow.

just a thought on this rye bread isn't gluten free :(

We make hand made gluten free sausages at our on farm butchery, you can pop in and get some, if you know of a retaurant that you want to stock them, let us know. We deal with several good restaurants already with our normal 20+ varieties of sausages

http://www.mossvalleyfinemeats.co.uk

Edited by Stephen Thom
no link as to where sausages from !!

silversmiths offer a good range,went there last week and the food was very good,also told the owner about greens gluten free beers and lagers so he may stock them soon.

The Bohemian on Chesterfield Road always have GF options, and the food is fantastic. Lots of interesting veggie & vegan choices as well. We also went to Loch Fyne on Glossop Road recently (only really any good if you like fish!) and there are plenty of GF dishes on the menu. The staff were quite knowledgeable about it as well, which always helps.

To be honest most restaurants will have something on the menu that can at least be adapted slightly to make it GF even if it isn't already, and if you phone in advance most places will be able to discuss your requirements and make sure there's something suitable that you'll like.

The restaurant in West One is Las Iguanas, fantastic food generally. That place started a real love of Tapas dishes with me and I now make a pretty good Xinxim and Moqueca(sp?).

Silversmiths Restaurant - Gluten Free Food

At Silversmiths we ensure that we always have a variety of dishes that are either gluten free as they are or are dishes that our chefs can tailor to make gluten free. Our menus are actually marked up so that all of the dishes that are gluten free are marked with a (g) and the dishes that we can tailor to be made gluten free are marked with a (gt). If for any reason the gluten free dishes that our on our menu are not to your liking our chef's will always be happy to offer an alternative using the fresh ingredients that we have in stock that day.

As an example the following are all dishes from last weekend’s A La Carte Menu that were available as gluten free dishes:

SILVERSMITHS WEEKEND A LA CARTE MENU –SATURDAY 21ST MAY 2011

STARTERS

Broccoli, asparagus & Jervaulaux Blue Cheese soup, crusty bread £4.50 (v)

Pogg Lane Free Range chicken & Whirlow Hall Farm gammon terrine £5.50

Asparagus & Yorkshire Brie, poached free range egg& micro salad £5.00

Lemon & dill cured salmon, salmon & cream cheese roulard, dressed leaf £5.50

Roast pear, Jervaulaux Blue Cheese & walnut salad £5.00 (v)

MAIN COURSES

Round Green Farm venison loin, thyme scented potato cake, baby root vegetables, rosemary jus £18.00

8oz rump of beef, hand-cut chips, celeriac & horseradish coleslaw £14.50

Roast salmon, samphire, red onion & cherry tomato salad £12.50

Pogg Lane free range chicken marinated in citrus & tarragon, crushed chive new potatoes £12.50

Hake, pea puree, confit tomatoes, golden beetroot £12.50

Roast pear, Jervaulaux Blue Cheese & walnut salad £10.50 (v)

DESSERTS

Raspberry yoghurt & mint pannacotta, vanilla shortbread, mini pavlova £4.90

Lemon & passion fruit posset, caramelised orange segments, sesame tuille £4.90

Selection of Yorkshire dairy cheeses, pickled celery, homemade chutney, fruit & walnut loaf £5.90

Please note that every Tuesday is 'Silversmiths Pie Night' and we are able to offer gluten free pies if you let us know you require any at time of booking. (If you are able to let us know a few days in advance we will be able to offer a greater variety of gluten free pie options).

I hope this post may be of use to anyone looking at this thread! If you would like any further information please don't hesitate to call us on 0114 270 6160 or for sample menus please see our website silversmiths-restauant.com.

Many thanks, Donna – Silversmiths :)

Silversmiths Restaurant – 111 Arundel Street, Sheffield, S1 2NT tel: 0114 270 6160

The Riverside is going to be launching a new menu in the next coming month for people with celiac disease. The menu would be made up of delicious gluten free rustic meals. Updates of when this launch would be can be found on our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_79428156340 so join our group for up and coming events, latest news and special offers from The Riverside in Kelham Island.!:D

We have now started making our own gluten free savoury tarts, and I've been trying out gluten free fairy cakes, in chocolate, lemon, victoria and coffee. I've just made some gluten free scones/rock cakes this morning. Our soups are always gluten free and we have just invested in a fryer to use for Coeliacs. We are having bistro nights on the 7th July and 18th August which have a good selection of Gluten free options. The July menu is on our website under events at http://www.rhinegoldgardencentre.co.uk. Including fish and chips! We are getting some nice recipes from our customers so the daily specials and the menu are developing all the time.

Edited by Rhinegold
spelling mistake