Ramadan is approaching

I did wonder if that was the real reason behind the suggestion? I bet they don't pay staff for working through their lunch.

instead theyll have to sit there watching others eating theirs

So really for the month of Ramadam, you are better off changing shifts and working nights, and sleeping all day?

I see some council is suggesting that all their employees should fast muslim or not during the period? Nice idea but not very workable if you're diabetic I would have thought?

If you are ill, or have a chronic/ life-threatening condition such as Diabetes, then you are exempted from fasting during Ramadan well, fasting at all), because of the danger to your health and welfare.

You have to "pay a penance" for not fasting. not a huge punishment - you have to provide a meal, for a poor person, (either the meal itself or the means for them to get a meal)

you are also exempted if you are menstruating, pregnant, or have recently given birth or are breastfeeding. You simply make the missed fasting days up before the next Ramadan.

Children are also exempted, but no penance is placed on them, for not fasting.

Which one are you?

i cant belive this catz, after all the pages of the rat arguing against the burqua and you prove his point by asking that one question...:hihi:

if you have a good meal it will last you until the fast is up,its not as if you have to live like a poor person who never knows when their next meal will be is it ?

but saying that and having a bit of a wind up with my nemesis i do appreciate the thought that goes behind it, all the best catz, you will make it, your strong, only skinny,but strong..:hihi:

ive just thought, the days get shorter now, its a fix,why not do it on the longest day ? :)

If you are ill, or have a chronic/ life-threatening condition such as Diabetes, then you are exempted from fasting during Ramadan well, fasting at all), because of the danger to your health and welfare.

You have to "pay a penance" for not fasting. not a huge punishment - you have to provide a meal, for a poor person, (either the meal itself or the means for them to get a meal)

you are also exempted if you are menstruating, pregnant, or have recently given birth or are breastfeeding. You simply make the missed fasting days up before the next Ramadan.

Children are also exempted, but no penance is placed on them, for not fasting.

Pregnant women are also exempt.

EDIT - sorry only just saw the penultimate para.

Pregnant women are also exempt.

EDIT - sorry only just saw the penultimate para.

Don't worry suffy. And yes you are totally correct, women who are pregnant are not expected to keep the fast.

i cant belive this catz, after all the pages of the rat arguing against the burqua and you prove his point by asking that one question...:hihi:

if you have a good meal it will last you until the fast is up,its not as if you have to live like a poor person who never knows when their next meal will be is it ?

but saying that and having a bit of a wind up with my nemesis i do appreciate the thought that goes behind it, all the best catz, you will make it, your strong, only skinny,but strong..:hihi:

ive just thought, the days get shorter now, its a fix,why not do it on the longest day ? :)

the month of Ramadan moves forward every year, depoix.

Back in 1994, it actually coincided with Lent/ Easter. (I lived in a strongly Muslim area at the time so I remember it being Ramadan and Lent, together)

The Islamic year is 11 days shorter, so in about four or five years time, the month of Ramadan will actually take in the longest day. In about 15 or 20 years, Ramadan will fall near the new year. This means that the chance to fast falls on the longest day, at some point, and on the shortest too, over time.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a blessed time over Ramadan, with their families, friends and loved ones.

As I understood it, if people are hungry and have food they should eat irrespective of the time of the day / position of the sun, that seems common sense. I understand the religious keenies amongst us might do it as protest? (eg look at us we're different) and it is interesting that despite fasting themselves all the takeaway chicken and kebab houses on the wicker are open for business which makes it all seem a tad hypocritical to me?

Anyway, I hope everyone has a blessed time over Ramadan, with their families, friends and loved ones.

Thats really nice PT. I am fasting tomorrow just to see how it goes :thumbsup:

the month of Ramadan moves forward every year, depoix.

Back in 1994, it actually coincided with Lent/ Easter. (I lived in a strongly Muslim area at the time so I remember it being Ramadan and Lent, together)

The Islamic year is 11 days shorter, so in about four or five years time, the month of Ramadan will actually take in the longest day. In about 15 or 20 years, Ramadan will fall near the new year. This means that the chance to fast falls on the longest day, at some point, and on the shortest too, over time.

How interesting :thumbsup: