Ramadan is approaching

Thanks Dazzler, but I do lose weight, I dont gain it.

In that case, don't overdo it, make sure you eat plenty when you can. At your ordinary weight, you're on the edge, as it is, you can't afford to lose too much *force-feeds catz some pie, just to make sure*:)

I have fasted totally except for water and fruit juice over a long weekend several times over the years. But only for de-tox purposes. It's not too bad once the first hunger pangs subside and you start mobilising your reserves to feed yourself. You can get a bit lightheaded after a couple of days, though. So be careful if you're driving, on stairs etc.

Darnel girls hey :hihi:

Darnall have heard of that place but does not ring a bell

Must be some where in sheffield :huh:;)

In that case, don't overdo it, make sure you eat plenty when you can. At your ordinary weight, you're on the edge, as it is, you can't afford to lose too much *force-feeds catz some pie, just to make sure*:)

I have fasted totally except for water and fruit juice over a long weekend several times over the years. But only for de-tox purposes. It's not too bad once the first hunger pangs subside and you start mobilising your reserves to feed yourself. You can get a bit lightheaded after a couple of days, though. So be careful if you're driving, on stairs etc.

Hahaha. love it..Make sure its halal though. :D

Thanks for the advice.

The principle of fasting is related to that if limitation. Without limitation, knowledge is impossible, for it is when we come to the end or limit of a thing that its true nature becomes evident. Ramadan marks the end to indulgence or imposing a clear limit to it day after day for a month. It offers an unmistakable spiritual lesson. It also consitutes a purification and a kind if sacrifice which leads to renewal and fresh strength.

On a moral level it also brings direct UNDERSTANDING of the suffering of the hungry.

Its not a waste of time for a lot of people Fareast :rolleyes:

Darnel girls hey :hihi:

Erm thanks for telling the world ;)

If you only knew how much love i am feeling for you at this moment in time ;)

CatzeyesF [ post 26 ] Well, I don't own any kind of food shop [ wish I did ! ] and I don't have an 'issue', whatever that's supposed to mean ; I merely expressed the opinion that Ramadan and other religious forms of denial were basically a waste of time.

Surely, that's what S.F. is all about ? Expressing opinions ? I wouldn't want to see Ramadan or Lent banned or even derided. I'm just really puzzled [ and I must admit a bit suspicious re-the 'holier than thou aspect' ] as to why people go to all the trouble in the various ways which they do.

Hit the nail on the head I think

I see some council is suggesting that all their employees should fast muslim or not during the period? Nice idea but not very workable if you're diabetic I would have thought?

I see some council is suggesting that all their employees should fast muslim or not during the period? Nice idea but not very workable if you're diabetic I would have thought?

The muslim faith is a strong one i have known of many people who even on their death bed shall endevour to fast even though it is bad for their health

indeed, it should be up to the individual if they fancy doing the same tbh.

its not suitable for all

Jumping on the bandwaggon there, I think. Some employers will try anything to get out of giving their staff a lunchbreak! :)

Good luck on the fasting, guys :) I'll be thinking of you with my gobfulls of M&Ms.... :D

I am wel excited bout me first fast woooooooo woooooooooo