London and Sheffield...two different worlds

Maybe you and him can meet in the local Gaybar.

Did someone say 'pink'?

Oh dear, I think we might have to ignore you from now on, if this is the level you work at.

I'm suprised you haven't mentioned Old Compton Street as one of the evils of London actually.

Someone once said to me that you can't argue with stupid people......

Anyhoo, I have been stunned by the cost of most stuff up here. Yes, house prices are relatively cheaper BUT it is still similar to London in that the places you could afford to live aren't necessarily where you'd like to live.

I was also appalled (sp?) by the cost of gym membership!! Obviously this isn't a sheffield thing, more a company thing, but previously i've been able to use my local authority leisure centre (4 in the borough) at a fraction of the cost!

One last thing, i'm now having to use the car to get to work etc and my petrol are costs about £250 per month. My travelcard in London was just over £100.

Doesn't make me hate Sheffield though. That's life isn't it?

Anyhoo, I have been stunned by the cost of most stuff up here. Yes, house prices are relatively cheaper BUT it is still similar to London in that the places you could afford to live aren't necessarily where you'd like to live.

I was also appalled (sp?) by the cost of gym membership!! Obviously this isn't a sheffield thing, more a company thing, but previously i've been able to use my local authority leisure centre (4 in the borough) at a fraction of the cost!

One last thing, i'm now having to use the car to get to work etc and my petrol are costs about £250 per month. My travelcard in London was just over £100.

That's a balanced, sensible point of view. I'm sure our friend Sheffy will reciprocate in kind.

OR... he'll say that at least you won't get stabbed by an irate Iranian businessman, whilst running 27 hours late if you go to the gym or get public transport in Sheffield.

Another Sheffield basher....gymn membership in Sheffield, 23.99 a month for PONDS forge...brand new, and the pools are included, as are many classes.

It's brand new, and we also get to use four around the town.

It's not an argument, it's a debate, and you're losing it with that post.

As for your travel costs, that is your own fault for driving a chavvie 4x4 :)

That's a balanced, sensible point of view. I'm sure our friend Sheffy will reciprocate in kind.

OR... he'll say that at least you won't get stabbed by an irate Iranian businessman, whilst running 27 hours late if you go to the gym or get public transport in Sheffield.

'Oh JimB, chase me, chase me'

A message from your mate.

I think he let you down.

:D Sheffy you're funny! I appreciate its not intentional but still.

I love the way you totally make stuff up - its brilliant!!

argue (REASON)

verb [i or T]

to give the reasons for your opinion, idea, belief, etc:

The minister argued for/in favour of/against making cuts in military spending.

[+ that] The minister argued that cuts in military spending were needed.

You can argue the case either way.

Another Sheffield basher....gymn membership in Sheffield, 23.99 a month for PONDS forge...brand new, and the pools are included, as are many classes.

It's brand new, and we also get to use four around the town.

As for your travel costs, that is your own fault for driving a chavvie 4x4 :)

and then

'Oh JimB, chase me, chase me'

A message from your mate.

Interesting debating skills there pal. Shall we add homophobia to the xenophobia? Pleasant guy.

How do you lose a debate ?

I think he let you down.

On the contrary nick2, I gave him details of a cheap, excellent gymn membership.....you can go too if you're bored.

It really is excellent, I'm not winding you up (for a change)

Shall we add homophobia to the xenophobia? Pleasant guy.

Welcome to friendly Sheffield :)