Crosspool Area - Which Doctor?

I've recently moved to Crosspool and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on which local doctor's surgery I should register with?

I use the surgery on Blackbrook Road, Lodge Moor, which is twinned with the one in Broomhill.

Whilst my surgery is handy and the doctors are good, it's rare that I can get in and out of there within an hour, irrespective of what time my appointment is and how busy the waiting room is. This actually puts me off going.

The new phone book's just come out; have a butcher's in there.

I use Lodge Moor Surgery on Blackbrook Road too and although inevitably we have to wait a while, I have found it resoundingly better than my previous one.

My Mum uses the one on Selbourne Road and that is always busy and runs even later in my opinion. Howeve, being in Crosspool I would certainly choose this one for sheer closeness, and also the docs seem ok too :)

I go to the one on Greenhow street in walkey

I was registered there at my previous address and they say we are still in the catchment area so I stayed with them

They are great, all the doctors there are really nice and you can get seen usually straight away

Even the receptionists are nice which I have never experienced before!

I've used Selborne Road Medical Centre for 35 years. The doctors are great. Dr Sarah Zadiq is very thorough and capable. The same doctors operate at Blackbrook Road, so you can take your pick of the surgeries and times if you're able to travel easily.

There is a GP surgery in crosspool - Manchester Road Surgery. It's a great surgery - lovely docs and never a problem getting an appointment.

When I lived on Stephen Hill Rd., there was a GP surgery at the bottom of the road. The actual address was something like 484, Manchester Rd. If Dr Rushbrooke's still there she'll be about 110 now.

I would second the recommendations for Manchester Road Surgery, it is a good team and appointments are easy to obtain.

I've recently moved to Crosspool and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on which local doctor's surgery I should register with?

A witch doctor in Crosspool? Very suspicious if you ask me.

Really useful and thanks for the info......Can someone recommend a good dentist in Crosspool area? I just moved to Crosspool area and need to register my wife as soon as possible. We live near Lydgate Junior school.

Thanks

The new phone book's just come out; have a butcher's in there.

He wants a doctor, not a butcher! :o:hihi:

Try calling Sheffield Health (2588211)- they can tell you all the surgeries you can register with and then you can choose from there.