The blonde woman at the train station who is begging megathread

Nope, Gemma has dyed her hair.

She has tried this scam on me FOUR times in the last 3 days....looks like she is getting forgetful !

She even walked into the pub where I work, asking if an old bloke by the name of "Albert" was in.

The description did fit a regular customer who is well known for being a little on the "vague" side shall we say (and his name isnt Albert)

Smackrat promptly told to do one...a language she DOES undrstand !

Four hours later, she gave me the old "Excuse me, but can YOU help me" speech at the west st tram stop

Guess what I said :hihi:

Thought she had an ASBO stopping her from going to the City Centre?

Thought she had an ASBO stopping her from going to the City Centre?
No idea, but if so it hasnt stopped her....

Sheffield station appeared to have got rid of the beggers as I have not seen them for a while, if they are on the station then contact a member of station staff they will move them , if they are on the fore court and you see a city centre ambasodoor or a CSO or police officer then tell them

Has any one been approached on The Moor and Fargate by a woman holding a baby? She asks for some change for her baby? I was actually approached by her a few times last week on different days. She comes across as being a refugee, she doesn't seem to speak much English at all. I havent given her any money as I have to admit I was very suspicious. The fact she had a baby girl with her bothered me though and I felt really bad after and thought maybe I should have given her some money? Has any one else had this?

I was in Dublin last year and the begging problem there is getting ridiculous. There's 3 on every footbridge over the river, one at each end and one in the middle, all with downcast eyes and an empty MacDonalds drinks cup for collecting. If it's a road bridge, there's at least 3 on each side. Speaking to our taxi driver, he told me that they're all eastern Europeans and they get brought in every morning by mini-bus, and then collected at the end of the day, it's an industry. I've also seen women with babies begging from people who are waiting at the mini bank machines. Good idea this opening the borders and letting everybody in.

I think it's happening all over, I was in Paris at the beginning of August and it was the same there. There were women with bits of paper all saying the same thing, that they were refugees and that they had children and their husbands had cancer etc. They were all over Paris with the same story wrote down. I feel bad for them but I am very warey.

She stopped me last Friday with the same story about the purse at Meadowhall and either bus or train fare. I was walking from Wellington St on my way to Broomspring Lane in order to visit my son who was in the Hallamshire Hospital.

She spoke well, was reasonably dressed but I thought "If she left her purse in Meadowhall and wants to get back there, what is she doing here?" I declined but I bet that she does quite well out of it.

she once asked me for money on city hall, then a couple of hours later i was in sheffield bus station and asked me again then the weirdest thing happened, i got on the bus, got off in rotherham bus station and she was there asking for money!

i was once (about 4 years ago) outside corp at about 3am on the phone, and she started shouting at me cos i was ignoring her, so being drunk and lacking common sense i shouted back at her to stop being so rude cant she see im on the phone and even if i wasnt i dont have 20p for a bag of smack...i still have the scar from whre she battered me with her cruthes!

Has anyone spied Gemma 2?

Bears a resemblance to Gemma and has a permanent rage contorted face and a can of extra strength lager in her hand.

Often seen around Bargain Booze and Fitzwilliam Street arguing with similar characters at the top of her voice.

Fair play tho, I've never seen her begging or without a drink in her hand so she must be doing alright on the social.

Does anyone want to help me set up an employment agency for these poor unfortunate dregs of our society ?? We could employ them as stress/frustration relievers, not the vibrating chair scam or the neck massage either.. we simply strap them to a post outside the train and bus stations and then the good people of sheffield returning home after a stressful day at work and on the bus/train can pay for a beat the scrote ticket... we could charge say £2 for a simple slap around the face rising to £10 for a swift kick in the private areas or a solid punch on the nose :thumbsup: genius !!! pure genius Then its on to giving the big issue sellers meaningfull employment..... :thumbsup:

he he

that reminds me of a gam ewe used to play (in my defenc ei was only 15 at the time)

we used to sit on devvy green and constantly get pestered to buy the tramps/drunks/scum cider. so we would buy a bottle, just one, and say they coudl have it, but only one of them could have it - and watch em fight! £1.79 for at least an hours entertainment, genius!

but lay off big issue sellers! they do have employment and work hard for the pitance they earn, at least they are trying to help themselves and not jus scrounging off society

Someone at work has just come in and told us on Tuesday last week that he paid for someone to get to Burton on Trent.

She was by the Norfolk Arms, and had blonde hair. Instead of giving her the cash, my colleague walked her to the train station, and bought the ticket for her, which perhaps scuppered her plan a little bit (although no doubt she tried to flog the ticket afterwards!)

Just told him that he has been conned :(