The blonde woman at the train station who is begging megathread

I remember this being a favourite scam of Scousers after Hillsborough. They'd come to 'pay their respects' and couldn't get home. Tough.

One day I'll help them... Take them to the station, buy the ticket and make sure he/she gets on the train safely ;)

AM note

There are a few threads to do with this, which have been merged. Please have a look about before starting new threads.

Ta.

Which one has dyed their hair, the "posh" girl which they call Amy on here?

As DancingDave said this is a hugley popular scam in Europe and it's obviousley weedling its way over here too! Especially in Paris they'll hit you with some sob story like

'my mother died and left me and my three sister's to raise ourselves, my dad had no legs and our house was repossessed. My children are starving and i'm hostpitalised, please give kindly'

No, go away and use your time to find a job. Besides, nobodies story can be that tragic!

uh oh.... saw a young girl at moor foot last few days asking for ££££ help. Shows me a note on her hand saying shes from Bosnia... bla bla bla... and need £££. Didn't give a second glance as am on a hurry. Wonder if its a faker? Did notice someone was watching me when the girl approach me... :huh:

Which one has dyed their hair, the "posh" girl which they call Amy on here?
Nope, Gemma has dyed her hair.

She has tried this scam on me FOUR times in the last 3 days....looks like she is getting forgetful !

She even walked into the pub where I work, asking if an old bloke by the name of "Albert" was in.

The description did fit a regular customer who is well known for being a little on the "vague" side shall we say (and his name isnt Albert)

Smackrat promptly told to do one...a language she DOES undrstand !

Four hours later, she gave me the old "Excuse me, but can YOU help me" speech at the west st tram stop

Guess what I said :hihi:

The posh one did time for this - it was in The Star a while ago. If she is still doing it, then she needs reporting as she might be on license or something and she ought to be sent back there!

Nope, Gemma has dyed her hair.

She has tried this scam on me FOUR times in the last 3 days....looks like she is getting forgetful !

She even walked into the pub where I work, asking if an old bloke by the name of "Albert" was in.

The description did fit a regular customer who is well known for being a little on the "vague" side shall we say (and his name isnt Albert)

Smackrat promptly told to do one...a language she DOES undrstand !

Four hours later, she gave me the old "Excuse me, but can YOU help me" speech at the west st tram stop

Guess what I said :hihi:

Oh rats is she back again? Great :rolleyes:

She's nothing but a menace - you'd have thought that they'd have sorted her out by now. Three years she's been harassing us on West Street-and thats all we know about as we've only been here three years.

Can't something be done?

I find one of the most worrying aspects to this is that people who are getting stung are giving her their name and address etc. it don't take a genius to work out that if you have just got scammed by her in town then there is a good change your house is empty - doesn't bear thinking about! I would never even think of giving my address and phone number to someone who stopped me in the street.