Lowedges- in the 50s, 60s and 70s

glad to hear you are clean and have been clean for 12 years, and you have settle down, so many of my mates when down that road too,but i was lucky met a older guy ( old school mate of darrens) and settled down with him and moved off the estate. darren was 6 years then me, but i looked up to him, so did alot of people, when you get hooked on to sumthing, people do say that you neva get clean, but you are the truth that you can, and so is my brother he was addicted to heroin, lost his kids due to neglect and being addicted couldnt give a ****e what was happening around him, but he has been clean now for 4 years. so carry on and keep on proving people wrong. hold your head high love x

glad to hear you are clean and have been clean for 12 years, and you have settle down, so many of my mates when down that road too,but i was lucky met a older guy ( old school mate of darrens) and settled down with him and moved off the estate. darren was 6 years then me, but i looked up to him, so did alot of people, when you get hooked on to sumthing, people do say that you neva get clean, but you are the truth that you can, and so is my brother he was addicted to heroin, lost his kids due to neglect and being addicted couldnt give a ****e what was happening around him, but he has been clean now for 4 years. so carry on and keep on proving people wrong. hold your head high love x

AND WOULD YOUR BROTHER BE CALLED RICHARD BY ANY CHANCE??

Got Ya Now Ant I?

The More I Read That Last Msg The More Im Convinced Its Who I Think It Is

I'll Let Ya Guess A Bit

Lol

yes i have got a brother called richard, but he wasnt the one i was talking about, being on heroin, i was on about my step brother (dads side), dont want people to think the wrong thing.so do you know who im now. did you live on atlantic road by any chance

i was brought up on lowedges in the 70s, moved off when i was 18, recently moved back on to the estate, but some of the names are familiar, can anyone remember darren jeffcock. and the whymans

Do you mean John Wyhman?

Hi,

I lived on Lowedges Road during the 60's and 70's. I know most of the people you mention, did the Gus you mentioned have a brother called Herman? I used to knock about at the Grennel Mower end of the estate with the Irvins (worm and podge), a guy called Bernie, Chris Brookes, Ian Handley, Ian Hudson (my cousin) to name but a few. Does anyone else know this crowd?

. Remember fondly the family who lived next door to us 'The Smiths' Roger, Ralph and Susan in particular and their mum who was a fantastic friendly and loving lady who made everyone welcome. Ralph spent his younger days kicking **** out of me - I think they call it bullying now. But inspite of that we all got on well

My step-family have 2 of those names, but not one! Don't think they ever lived on Toppham though. Lupton when I was introduced to them in late 80s.

EDIT: i've just asked my step-dad and says it wasn't him lol

I believe that Chris married a girl called Vivienne and lived on Gervase (Avenue?) near Greenhill Parkway in the early 1980s. He moved to either Batemoor or Jordanthorpe in the mid 1980s.

If I remember correctly, he had the 'Mortons Scissors' shop near the dole office on West Street in those days.

tony morton married viv ,lived on lowedges,batemoor, and now now lives at chapel st leonards, was with him and his brother pete last weekend..

Is that Tony Morton got a brothe callled Philip?

Is that Tony Morton got a brothe callled Philip?

thats right. thier mum still lives on lowedges , saw phil in berni not long ago

Lol. Went to school with Phil, he was sas he remembers me being the first person he met on the first day at school. How is he I haven't seen him for years!

Sorry about that last message I'll try typing properly now Lol. I went to school with Phil and he always says I was the first person he met on starting school. How is he these days I haven't seen him for years!