Lowedges- in the 50s, 60s and 70s

i was born on lowedges (in a house) lived there for 30 odd years. we used to hang around on the termo singing songs, throwing water bombs at buses. loads of us used to meet up there every night and fill the bus shelter.(1980 ish) every body now "madness, madness they call it madness.... nurse! nurse! get me the sedatives. left the area now, but still drive through from time to time. biggs was the daddy. too many names to mention. we are the L.R.A LOWEDGES REPUBLICAN ARMY, WERE BARMY WHERE EVER WE GO. CUS WERE THE L.R.A. (bit sad really) i'll get me coat!!

Hi, I lived on lowedges from 1954 till i got married in 1975 my mum still lives on Lupton Road I remember most of the people mentioned my best mate was Jane cooper and still is! Those were the days..

Realised a mstake on one of my earlier posts - I mentioned the Fox twins, Peter and John...

Don't know where that came from! - They were actually the Fowler twins, but at least I got their Christian names right!

Hi WASSY,I lived on lupton road from 1956 to 1985 till I got married .Guess who !

Hi WASSY,its Andrew .....Jane's brother . Have'nt seen you for ages hope you are all ok.Ill look out for you next time I am in asda.

i think there is a bloke called gus that still lives on lowedges.he still drinks in the magpie.think he is in his late 40s early 50s.i used to live on toppham road so my dad was a regular at the magpie.wasnt until the middle 70s tho that we moved up to the estate.i know the fletchers used to run the the pub.cant remember if it was late 70s or early 80s tho

Gus was and is a ******, I know his ex wife and I know his son (who is nothing like his dad), does anyone remember Mick Faxon he was a regular in the 70/80's big drinker (but tetotal now I hear) and Grahame and doreen and Brenda (micks wife at the time)

Jauntyone....

Nah...admit I haven't seen D O'B (or any of 'em for that matter) since the day I left school in '67/8....

Other classmates at the time were Max Clarke, Ian Bott, John Coupe, Paul Gregory, Martin Havenhand, Ian Corker, Ray Ashcroft, the Fox twins...I'm sure others'll come to me....oh...Max Brook has just occured to me...others to follow....

Ian Corker here. I have been in contact with Trevor Casswell. Does any one know what happened to Chris Barrett?

If you look on friends reunited there are some former classmates there. I am thinking about documenting what happened to us all. I know that Martin Havenhand became a Chief Executive with Yorkshire Forward, Peter Cowen is a golf pro in Rotherham and Dubai.

I really doubt that most of us could have done as well if we had been born 30 years later. Look at UpMyStreet for Lowedges

It is really depressing.

Best wishes

Ian

Ian Corker here. I have been in contact with Trevor Casswell. Does any one know what happened to Chris Barrett?

If you look on friends reunited there are some former classmates there. I am thinking about documenting what happened to us all. I know that Martin Havenhand became a Chief Executive with Yorkshire Forward, Peter Cowen is a golf pro in Rotherham and Dubai.

I really doubt that most of us could have done as well if we had been born 30 years later. Look at UpMyStreet for Lowedges

It is really depressing.

Best wishes

Ian

Morning Ian...

Think Chris went back down south to pursue a career in art/design...

It's all a long time ago though, so who knows what he eventually got up to (or where!).

I know one of our classmates (for the life of me I can't remember his name) was featured in The Star many years ago, 'cos he'd become a top chef and was the big boy at some reallly posh 5* hotel in Hong Kong.

The Fox twins I mentioned? A senior moment! Actually the Fowlers, Peter and John....

Saw Max Brook in Uncle Sam's on Ecclesall Road many years ago, but nobody else for 20 years plus...

Didn't know about Martin....so one of us made something of themselves, then!

Ian...

What's Trev Casswell up to?

Last time I saw him he'd just bought a (I think) Vespa scooter!

And how many years must that be?!

30+ I guess....

In fact, Ian, the last time I recall seeing YOU....

In your front room - we'd had a bit of a party, and your Mum walked in, looking a bit disgusted with us....

Think I stopped overnight.....probably a good idea!