Lowedges- in the 50s, 60s and 70s

i lived in lowedges place from 1955 to 196? was just built when we moved in... i was two months old! lol barry eyre lived around the corner and patricia bland... ring any bells wit anyone?

hi i looking for my old school mates Ann Butler, Kathryn Hirst Janet Walker we all went to jordanthorpe late 60's early 70's . Ann lived on lowedges , Kathryn n Janet in Greenhill. i am desperate to locate them as i have tried all other sourses i left in 1976.

Edited by mollankell

Were you in the same year as Irene Peat, Ruby Dyke, Janet Williamson etc?

i was brought up on lowedges in the 70s, moved off when i was 18, recently moved back on to the estate, but some of the names are familiar, can anyone remember darren jeffcock. and the whymans

Yes I know the Jeffcocks well, who else do you know?

my best friend Ann Butler lived on lowedges cres with her dad and brother, we went to lowedges school and jordanthorpe tog, we lost touch then i last saw her about 1978 in town but nothing since, i am desperate to catch up with her, not sure if she has married now, i would welcome any information at all, she will be 51 now

my grandad charles burnand & nan peggy lived at 104 atlantic rd,lowedges they had 7kids,all daughters bar a son called derek,do you or any 1 remember this family?

Seems we're related. I vaguely remember Gloria, and I think she's my Godmother. My Mum is cousins with the 7 kids, her Dad was the brother of Charles (Derek)

hi to all who posted re lowedges, i lived on low edges drive from 1954 to 1968,

lived opposite jim & alan ogden, always got on with jim, always wary of alan.

im assuming that the gus you talk about was gus tomkins, at school his brother steve was a big hitter, he joined the army and rumour has it he did well. dave o'brian was one of my best mates for over 15 years along with phil & bob wragg, the dakin brothers, brian & linda blades, pat pinder, steve austin & ken bratby, all of us livedon the drive or low edges cresent, there were loads of us from of the estate that congregated on the maggy wall or the shops, mick brown, billy ash, haggis (patrick atkinson) ossie, spud (steve rose) alan roberts, robbo, mick, steve & roy mullins, mick irvine, and many more, could fill abook with the names, we all drank in maggy, norton hotel,

white swan and hart, be interesting if any of the names out of this list are on this site, if you want any more info let me know

phailig

hi you say u grew up on lowedges cresent , do you remember ann butler and if so wat became of her, i been trying to trace her for years now

hi you say u grew up on lowedges cresent , do you remember ann butler and if so wat became of her, i been trying to trace her for years now

hi moll sorry lived on low edges drive not cres, name rings a bell but not sure, where on cresent did she live.

phl

hi moll sorry lived on low edges drive not cres, name rings a bell but not sure, where on cresent did she live.

phl

hi, she lived bout half way down on the left, she had an older brother called roy? she was born in 1959 and we went to bradway juniors then on to jordanthorpe, cheers

just joined forum, lived behind maggie late 70's used to drink in there with 2 blokes called Pete Wright & Pete Joynes anybody know else know them.

hi i worked at magpie 68-70 frank and vi hemmingway were landlord and lady there were three rooms then big swing doors on the front led into snug where older people sat tap room on the right and concert room on left they used to play musical bingo sunday nights and if you didn't get in for 7-30 you had trouble getting a seat bit different now