Lowedges- in the 50s, 60s and 70s

Wrong about that one mate, I knew the Ogdens, Alan Ogden in particular. He lived with a very good friend of mine about 20 years ago and was really good with his fists, as she found out to her cost on several occasions. :nono:

That particular scenario was brought to a close when he was given a good bashing one dark evening by an anonymous assailant who told him it had happened for the last time and that it was better to leave while he still had the ability to walk. He left a week later when he came out of the hospital.

Who was the mystery assailant?

Nobody was ever charged and I could not possibly comment or speculate on the matter. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

Really hard those Ogdens!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFPMSL :wink:

i knew the Ogdens. Friends of my family..... i was younger than Jimmy Ogden who was a mate of my brother Bob Barnes......always ok with me.

hi jauntyone

yes i remember buggsy if i remember right his surname was mullryan, i dont remember az or chris morton, but i remember loads of the old crowd who used to go to school at bradway county, jordanthorpe and rowlinson, there were also plenty of girls that used to be around the maggy, mary jackson, rea stockdale (recently been in a bit of trouble) anne barrow, sue ogden, dave o'briens mrs val, joyce peat, carol knowles and barbara white (both from woodseats, strange i can remember the lads names but not so many of the girls, some more lads, kenny cox, jim polfryman, mick, terry and phil hempshall, keith cooper, mick brown, dave hill, ronnie & dennis hill, they lived in maisonette opposit maggy and mick hotchin, we all spent hours around the pub, i even finished up in the maggy on my wedding night. if i can remember any more names i will put them on here,

see ya later

phailig

what became of Mick Hotchin. Did hear he moved to london hotel worker, how true is that ?

yes i did who are you

I lived on lupton road brand new ground floor maisonett 3 years old when i moved in left when 8 or 9 later lived lowedges crecent for a while. little jimmy barnes

I used to live on becket rd,lowedges went to jordanthorpe school 1966-70.would love to hear from any old schoolmates or neighbours.then moved onto batemoor-whinacre walk.come on someone get in touch.

I remember the scrabble to get the rounders bat with Fred Bookers name on it during games.

I was born in 1953, Fred Booker was in my class! What was so special about Fred Booker's rounders bat?

hi there anybody remember the Wright family,lived on the drive at that time his pop was in the navy. Ian(scot)wright was my best mate he joined the navy went to the falklands his brother alistair was there as well.i knew or heard most of the names that were mentioned earlier.haggis was my brothers age and if i remember correctly he was a real arsehole as was big willy.last i heard he earned his living bashing people for money.I never drak in the maggie though,never liked it, usually drank in the village.

You were either in the year below me at school or the same year, I was in 4b with Miss Bedford. I remember Pop mental now. Funny how you forget some things. I remember doing art with Miss Bedford, we had to measure out on our page and join up the lines and eventually got a thunderbird picture. We also made rag dolls in her class.

Could be same year. I was in the same year as Janice Gosling, Carole Synyer, Ruby Dyke, Vicky Williamson, Irene Peat, Elaine Latham etc.. etc.. to name but a few Lol

Could be same year. I was in the same year as Janice Gosling, Carole Synyer, Ruby Dyke, Vicky Williamson, Irene Peat, Elaine Latham etc.. etc.. to name but a few Lol
Hi i remember Irene peak but shes older than me i was in same year as her sister Joyce peat /roslyn moore i lived near Micheal church

Gill

I remember the scrabble to get the rounders bat with Fred Bookers name on it during games.

I was born in 1953, Fred Booker was in my class! What was so special about Fred Booker's rounders bat?

I didnt know Fred Booker as i was born in 1951

I have lived on Lowedges since 1956 went to Lowedges Infants and Junior Schools then on to Jordanthorpe as it was. Remember Miss Clark was head at juniors and Miss Vick at infants. My first teacher in thr infants was called Mrs. Read and Mrs. Duckenfield was always around when anyone was in need of her.

I live on lowedges from 1951 till 1969 i went to lowedges road infants and junor school then when on to jordanthorpe girls school .i lived near micheal church .my son now lives up there wow how its changed

I was in the same year as Ruby and Irene and Vicky, do you remember Valerie Brown?