Hamster with sore eyes

My little russian hamsters one eye looks a bit sore, its been like it for a little while but has not looked too bad - she had long claws so it looked like she may have slightly caught it on one of those however I have had them clipped since. Are there any drops I could put on it? I had another hamster with an eye problem (which was in fact a tumour in the end) and the vet gave her some drops initially in case of an infection but I can't remember what the drops were - I know they were human ones though - help anyone!?

cloranphenicol? spellings prob wrong...i kno i had a mouse with drops after an operation

shame really russians are prone to eye problems cos they are mostly hybrids...wish pet shops would learn the difference btween the two species and not interbreed

bathing it may help depends if its infected or not

Conjunctivitis Sticky eyes, eyelids stuck together ???????

Bathing eye in a mixture of sterile water and boric acid powder using an eye dropper

Mix some sterile water (cool boiled water) with a teaspoon of boric acid powder available from pharmacist

I dont think it is as bad as conjunctivitis as her eyes are not stuck together at all - it just looks a little sore in the one corner and slightly damp. I think she may have had a small cut on it and it has not healed - probably due to her washing it etc. I was thinking of bathing it tonight in contact lens solution - do you think this would be ok?

I dont think it is as bad as conjunctivitis as her eyes are not stuck together at all - it just looks a little sore in the one corner and slightly damp. I think she may have had a small cut on it and it has not healed - probably due to her washing it etc. I was thinking of bathing it tonight in contact lens solution - do you think this would be ok?

i would think that would be ok but not 100% sure never tried that one have used optrex many times no problem or just by bathing in luke warm sterile water or even a little bit a warm milk.

I have looked online and some people suggest boric acid? I am going to go to the chemists tomorrow and see what they have - optrex sounds ok though - should i dilute it or just drop a little onto the eye?

I have looked online and some people suggest boric acid? I am going to go to the chemists tomorrow and see what they have - optrex sounds ok though - should i dilute it or just drop a little onto the eye?
yes i know you said its not

Conjunctivitis Sticky eyes, eyelids stuck ect but the boric acid would still be good optrex ive always diluted just i little with luke warm water dosnt seem to be such a shock to them when its just luke warm lol