Dancing classes in Sheffield?

I am thinking about starting some kind of dance classes but have no idea what I might enjoy or where to go! I think maybe something like 50's rock and roll dancing but I'm not sure if my boyfriend would go with me or maybe even something like ballet as its something I've always wanted to do but think i may be too old for that now! Does anyone go to anywhere like that or know of any other types of dance classes in Sheffield? I dont know anything about dancing so it would need to be a beginners class! Any advice would be appreciated.

I used to go to Salsa dance classes at Rhythm & Dance on Langsett Road, but it's been closed own for ages now. I only went to a few beginners lessons but I really enjoyed it and would love to take it up again. I don't know any where else that does it.

Oh please let there be salsa classes somewhere in Sheffield. We have really enjoyed our Aussie classes and don't want it to end now we are moving to Sheffield.

Just to make it more of a challenge, are there ballroom and latin classes anywhere for kids aged 9 and 11?

Here's hoping!

Deb

Theres City Limits dance centre at Hillsborough, they might have something for you?

http://www.city-limits.co.uk/dancentre/

Oh I didn't know that was there! It's not far from me either :hihi: Well I might have to join up - thanks Zarch :D

Oh I didn't know that was there! It's not far from me either :hihi: Well I might have to join up - thanks Zarch :D

No worries. Never been myself, just seen it whilst driving down Penistone Road.

there is Ceroc (modern jive) on a Tuesday or Lindy Hop classes on a Wednesday

Oh please let there be salsa classes somewhere in Sheffield. We have really enjoyed our Aussie classes and don't want it to end now we are moving to Sheffield.

Just to make it more of a challenge, are there ballroom and latin classes anywhere for kids aged 9 and 11?

Here's hoping!

Deb

Drapers Dance School at Beighton. Hayley and Scott are really nice people, they have other dance teachers too. Tell them Elaine reccommended them to you

http://www.drapersdancecentre.co.uk

Here's hoping!

Deb

We teach Salsa and Mambo classes in Sheffield. Check our website for details.

City Limits is just about to start its beginner rock and roll lessons again in September, come along. my other half wasnt a dancer either but he now loves it (Although we are having to do the entire beginners course again becasue the poor guy has no rythem) It is good fun.