Any ideas on how to kill off a tree stump

Does anyone have any ideas on how to poison a tree stump so that it rots away. I don't want to dig it up as it could take some of my drive with it?

I know you can get some stuff called "Stump Away" or something equally silly, but I've never used it.

You might be better asking the mods to move this to the Allotments and Gardening section, there's probably some knowledgeable folk on there to help you.

Drill a hole in it and pour some creosote (if you can get your hands on it) down into the hole. Then keep topping it up!

The quickest and best way is probaby get an expert in to remove it but yes it will cost Otherwise try to damage the stump as much as possible - roughen it up etc. How big is the stump anyway?

There are stumps in the field out the back of my parents that were cut down when I was a child (20 odd years ago), they are starting to rot a bit now.