Student with 2 children

Hi I'm new so be kind.

I'm a returning student to Sheffield Hallam and need to find somewhere appropriate to live with my husband and children. I've taken some time out of my degree to get married and have a child (second on the way WOOPS!!) and now I'm struggling to find the right place to live.

As a care free student I didn't really care where I lived as long as it was staggering distance from a pub and easy to fall into uni in the morning but now my requirements are a bit more important. My husband is giving up work to look after the kids while I'm at university and we'll not know anyone up here anymore, so we really want to be close to Hallam university so we can see as much of each other while we settle in. We also know the city centre best so feel safer concidering this area.

So basically does anyone know of any child friendly appartments in or close to the city? Or can anyone recommend an alternative that I havent concidered?

Thanks for you help

D

Hi there, we have a few 2 bed apartments in the city centre available to rent. Feel free to contact us on the number below for further details.

How about somewhere on the tram route that is family friendly? We live in Hillsborough which is nice for families - park library, leisure centre, baby/toddler groups and so on. It's also on the tram route so easy to get to Uni - even if you're at Collegiate (I work there!) Just out of interest, have you asked the accommodation office for advice? I know you're not a 'standard' student but they might have some ideas / advice.

There are probably other similar areas in the other direction.

I'm pretty sure that at Shef Uni they have accommodation for students with families. I wouldn't have thought the city centre is the best place to be with kids because you won't have a garden. Don't worry about moving to a different area, Sheffield is as friendly as ever and it is easy to meet people when you have little ones because of toddler groups etc

Good luck!

Hi there, the flat I'm in at the Cube (matilda street/shoreham st crossroad) there's the odd idiot but you get that everywhere in city centre, but one of my neighbours has kids in and it seems to be goin ok for them, 2 bed apt very spacious etc, Derwent living run them and rent is reasonable considering location.

Hi,

We had the same dilema two years ago and had no idea where to live but wanted someone on the bus route to uni. We ended up in Woodseats which has a nice high street, parks, library and toddler groups. Don't get me wrong, love where we're living but there's always the grass is greener senario. When we moved I wish i'd thought about ...

1. Parks - Millhouses park, botanical gardens and eccleshall parks are fabulous

2. Children's Centres - have a banding system for payment so sessions work out very reasonable. They emply excellent trained staff and have great facitilties. We use Chncat Wood Children's Centre but it's a long walk up a big hill.

3. Access in and out of the city - We're on the bus route but it's not very often and I have the car for work so hubby often left with 2 children and no where to go easily.

4. Hills - everywhere is on a hill

So, check out the areas further out of Sheffield S7, S10, S11 and S8.

Good Luck