Anyone been to New York recently??

My OH is taking me to New York for a week!!!!!!!:clap:

I've never been before, although he has. We want to go in October, but the hotel prices seem ridiculous...and there are so many to choose from.

Can anyone recommend any? Not bothered about top of the range luxury (it would be nice but £1,500 a night seems just a little excessive!) but would like a nice hotel centrally located.

Hope someone can help!

Hey Nibs,

I haven't been before but have recently booked to go in February!

We looked to go in November this year, but the prices were so expensive.

So if you are finding that it is working out too expensive, if you can go early next year I would have a look then.

Hope you find something

x

Hey Nibs,

I haven't been before but have recently booked to go in February!

We looked to go in November this year, but the prices were so expensive.

So if you are finding that it is working out too expensive, if you can go early next year I would have a look then.

Hope you find something

x

I want to go asap though!!!!! Flights in Oct are reasonable it's just the hotel charges. I like nice hotels, but suppose we wouldn't spend much time in it anyway?

Enjoy your trip in February though. Have you booked a hotel yet?

we stayed at the 30/30 hotel, 5 mins walk from empire state building not the fanciest but clean and cheap! It pops up in lots of websites.

Watch my lips! AVOID the New Yorker near Madison Square Garden (8th Ave) - convenient but awful experience. I like the Hyatt chain (stayed in the Chicago one) but could be pricey.

Give this a MISS - http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d122005-Reviews-Ramada_Plaza_New_Yorker_Hotel-New_York_City_New_York.html

Off topic i know, but does anyone with a Brit passport need a visa now? and that includes coming from any Eu country?

Watch my lips! AVOID the New Yorker near Madison Square Garden (8th Ave) - convenient but awful experience. I like the Hyatt chain (stayed in the Chicago one) but could be pricey.

Grand Hyatt is awesome in NYC and great location too :thumbsup:

New York is fantastic !! It certainly lives up to its image. Just like it is in the films ! Hope you have a lovely time.:thumbsup:

Those little town blues

Are melting away

I wanna be a part of it

New York, New York. :D:D:D

Off topic i know, but does anyone with a Brit passport need a visa now? and that includes coming from any Eu country?

No. Unless it changed in the last few days.