Did someone try and break in our cars last night?

This morning me and my hubby went to work at the same time. he got in his vehicle and glove box was emptied and things all over the place. and my wing mirror had been knocked back. both on the drive.

we live in s35/chapeltown area. it could well be us that had done it and not realised.

do you live in that area and something happened?

well was there any damage to the locks etc???

It's possible that someone has cloned the 'plip' code of your key, so they may have access to unlocking your car but not to starting it (without damaging it).

It's possible that someone has cloned the 'plip' code of your key, so they may have access to unlocking your car but not to starting it (without damaging it).

you been watching gone in 60 seconds?

This morning me and my hubby went to work at the same time. he got in his vehicle and glove box was emptied and things all over the place. and my wing mirror had been knocked back. both on the drive.

we live in s35/chapeltown area. it could well be us that had done it and not realised.

do you live in that area and something happened?

I think you would know if you had emptied the glovebox, and thrown every thing all over.:huh:

Not according to Snopes ...

http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/lockcode.asp

Although theoretically it is possible and the encryptiuon system used has been cracked by a group of Belgium and Israeli researchers:

http://redtape.msnbc.com/2007/08/researchers-say.html

There is no reports of it being used "in the wild" due to the time-consuming nature of the attack, and the fact that a crowbar is much more efficient!

I think you would know if you had emptied the glovebox, and thrown every thing all over.:huh:

that was my hubby car. he said, it looked like someone had emptied it. the glove box was open.

it really is disturbing if someone else had done it. has anyone else been done like this in the area.

to get to our house you have got to walk past other houses to get to ours. unless ours was the prime target where they were going!!!

i think your gut reaction will be right. if you think somone has emptied yor glovebox i think they have

did you lock your doors?? its easy to forget to lock them and i do not knwo of any way into a car without causing damage

i think your gut reaction will be right. if you think somone has emptied yor glovebox i think they have

did you lock your doors?? its easy to forget to lock them and i do not knwo of any way into a car without causing damage

the other day my boss got into her car and the glove compartment was all open as above. she thought she had left the car open. as it happens someone had put a thin wire down the side of the door next to the lock which messes up the central locking without causing any damage. when she took it to car clinic they told her this was easy to do in alot of cars

I believe 21 August is National Empty Someone Else's Glovebox Day in certain parts of the Ukraine. Have you checked if there are any Ukranian exiles living in your area?