Sign in to follow this  

Bellydancing in Walkley area

Hi. I've just moved to Walkley and was wondering if there are any bellydancing classes nearby. I'm more interested tribal style bellydancing, but would like to find any kind of class. I don't have a car so I'm not looking to travel too far, and I can't go to a class on mondays. Any help you guys can give me in finding a class would be much appreciated! Thanks!!

dropped you a pm about my classes in Hillsboro (trad Egyptian style mostly) on Tuesdays and Thursdays

theres also trad-style classes in Grenoside and Wisewood with Jo - she has posted details on the other Bellydance thread

Tribal style classes I am aware of are in the South of the city - theres Boomshanka (who I dance with, so you do get the occasional bit of thier style technique in my classes) at Meersbrook, but thats not American tribal style, its a slightly eccentric English version, a bit like Zehara and her Urban Gypsies from Manchester.

Tasmin teaches American Tribal Fusion style at Woodhouse Workout, but thats 1) on a Monday night and 2)miles away from Walkley so not much help either - sorry!

There is a trad style class at the gym in Walkley (Max fitness centre/Unity centre/whatever its called these days) opposite the Walkley Cottage pub, but not sure what is going on with this these days