"Pedigree Dogs Exposed" - programme on BBC 1 20/08 at 9pm

I love my dog's waggy tail, it tells me what mood she's in

A dally breeder once told me she had 2 perfectly healthy pups destroyed because they developed a spot over one eye ............ apparently not a good trait, i didnt realse until then what heartless swines some breeders are but this programme takes it to another level. Im disgusted

i cryed watching that poor boxer having a fit IMO it is unfair to let a dog go through that if it was my girl i would have to heartbrekingley have her PTS but by the sounds of it having a cross breed i am lucky that maybe she will go with old age.

i am completley disgusted with half of the breeders shown on this program my cousin breeds and i know for a fact she doesnt interbreed or breed unhealthey bitches or dogs.

My first introduction to breed defects was in about 1978, possibly earlier

My grandad's parents had been spaniel breeders well before I was born - the last of the lines being photographed with my mother as a baby

We were watching the wall to wall coverage which used to be available on BBC2 in the afternoons, and my grandad showed me the over doming of the skull on the dogs in the ring - he was disgusted. He explained to me how this was now turning into problems with their brain - but all as a result of the breed standard being over-adhered to

Some of the white boxers can be deaf that is the excuse of the breeders for killing the white pups, most are healthy pups, white is not in the breed standard!

Docking of tails is purely cosmetic unless it is a working dog, there is no health issue with a full tail, a full tail is natural it's how the dog was born :sad:

Thanks for that moonbird,i was getting worried then,as i said its how i bought her if it was up to me it wouldnt have been docked

its unbelievable what people do for money cus that's what it is down too trying to get what they say is the best to get the best money

and arguably we're far too sentimental - there was a time we'd drown such poorly pups, but now breeders sell them at a reduced price, and some backyard breeder propogates those poor genes

No, these are the creme de la creme of breeders . crufts champions

I have a boxer that is docked,she was docked when i bought her,is there some kind of health risk?sorry i havnt been watching it was to upsetting,anyway shes 6years old now with no health problem.I used to have a white boxer lovely dog,why would people have a dog put down because of its colour?
Boxers are a breed which can also be born bob tailed - that's not to say your's was, but just for info on the thread

can any one belive what the rhodesian ridgeback bredders were saying???????/

i cryed watching that poor boxer having a fit IMO it is unfair to let a dog go through that if it was my girl i would have to heartbrekingley have her PTS but by the sounds of it having a cross breed i am lucky that maybe she will go with old age.

i am completley disgusted with half of the breeders shown on this program my cousin breeds and i know for a fact she doesnt interbreed or breed unhealthey bitches or dogs.

i agree and think the owners was sick keeping an animal that is in such distress

can any one belive what the rhodesian ridgeback bredders were saying???????/

I can't believe the closed minds of any of the breeders of any of the breeds showing problems they just don't want to face it at all.

the owner with respect loves her dog, it must be a hard decision. she didn't bank on the condition

edit: the boxer that is