"Pedigree Dogs Exposed" - programme on BBC 1 20/08 at 9pm

Dont know if it will be any good but at 9pm on BBC 1 Tonight (Tuesday) there is a programme called Pedigree Dogs Exposed.

Its supposed to be an in depth investigation into the health of pedigree dogs revealing the sing historical reasons that have contributed to the problems in some breeds.

Might be worth a look we will all be trying to watch it above the snores and flactulance of my three. :hihi:

Just watching it now. OMG that poor cavalier how awful.

Im amazed ............ Ive got a cavy, shes got a dicky heart and is almost blind ..... probably due to over breeding, its so sad

What is attractive or 'sought after' about a lame german shepard? ....... it really is criminal what these breeders do

how much have I missed and what channel?

Crufts and the Kennel Club have a lot to answer for.

and arguably we're far too sentimental - there was a time we'd drown such poorly pups, but now breeders sell them at a reduced price, and some backyard breeder propogates those poor genes

Brude is seriously disturbed by that fitting boxer :(

he's not stopped barking yet :(

I have been looking forward to watching this all day but had to turn over after 1min,its far to distressing,does that sound ignorant?It did make me wonder why certain people always bang on about respective breeders when its these so called respective breeders whose causing a lot of these problems just to make a dog look good or cute,its not natural.

My mum just called me about that show as we have 2 cavvies and she was worried. Bless 'em. :(

ive been watching it i think its horrid what people are doing killing a dog because it dose not have a ridge , my brother has a boxer (not docked as he thinks its unfair) i dont know what i would do if she had a fix.

also white boxers are lovely way are people killing these poor animals!!