Abbeydale Industrial Hamlet Fishing Pond.

Just wondered if anyone has fished the pond they have down there? Everytime I drive past i've seen plenty of of people fishing. Has it got any carp in, anyone know?

:)

Hi

i have fished the pond a couple of times this year as a new member, it is stuffed with fish. bream, roach, tench carp, nothing massive but plenty.

its well worth a visit but do not use maggots or you will be plagued by tiny fish, try sweetcorn

Pete

Road side is day ticket from woodseats angling, far bank is members only. good for tench, bream and small carp, feed little and often on pole of waggler laid on bottom a little.

Dan

Hi all

Does anyone know how much it is to join for the year??, or how much the day ticket is please?

Cheers, Biggsy :)

Edited by biggsy
cuz eye carnt spel!!!

Don't know why Ive never been there but had all day today. Yes - stuffed with fish, probably done about 20lb silver fish today - loads of roach/ rudd/ skimmers/ couple of tench on maggot and corn. Mainly float fishing, but corn on feeder for a couple of hours. Bargain for a fiver!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dose anyone know why the pond is been drained??

its got a leak

It leaked badly in 97ish I remember fishing the sheaf just behind it weekly and suddenly one Sunday I was catching perch and roach instead of trout and bulhead !