Josephines and Scamps nightclubs

used to love scamps,not keen on josephines,was between 1976-79 and scamps had a relaxed dress code,spent my 21st birthday in there before enjoying the rest of the evening at west bar..£10 for being d and d,well it was my birthday..happy days..

used to love scamps,not keen on josephines,was between 1976-79 and scamps had a relaxed dress code,spent my 21st birthday in there before enjoying the rest of the evening at west bar..£10 for being d and d,well it was my birthday..happy days..

So how old are you?

Are you male or female?

i am now 53 and male,loved the mid to late seventes and the punk scene,latterly made the limit my home but still had fond memories of scamps.....when sheffield had real pubs and clubs..

i am now 53 and male,loved the mid to late seventes and the punk scene,latterly made the limit my home but still had fond memories of scamps.....when sheffield had real pubs and clubs..

We may have bumped in to each other then

Anyone else remember the good times in Scamps/Josephines/Romeos nightclubs?

Josephines opened on November 6th 1976 same night as Mulberry Tavern (both now closed) Dave Allen opened Josies and Mick Lee was first manager of Mulberry. I worked behind the bar for Mick for a few years. At the end of the night we would go to either Josies or Scamps. When I think back these were fantastic times. I remember Georgie Fame, Eric Clapton, Tom Mcguinness coming into Mulberry to see Mick. Clapton had kicked drugs but wqs drinking heavily and Mick made him stand at the end of the bar drinking water.

Anyone else remember the good times in Scamps/Josephines/Romeos nightclubs?

Josephines opened on November 6th 1976 same night as Mulberry Tavern (both now closed) Dave Allen opened Josies and Mick Lee was first manager of Mulberry. I worked behind the bar for Mick for a few years. At the end of the night we would go to either Josies or Scamps. When I think back these were fantastic times. I remember Georgie Fame, Eric Clapton, Tom Mcguinness coming into Mulberry to see Mick. Clapton had kicked drugs but wqs drinking heavily and Mick made him stand at the end of the bar drinking water.

can you remember a girl called jayne elston who worked for a while at the mulberry , also didn't walter clayton a boxer work there ?.

loved josies.dave allen used to pay for all the ladies to go to ascot,does anyone remember the VIP night once a year what a spread of food was put on.i still have a pair of josephines champagne flutes given for the 10yr anniversary.:love:

I worked briefly for Mick in the Mulberry too. I virtually lived in Scamps in the early 70's celebrating my 18th there and many other occasions and latterly Josephines where I had my 21st, hen night, and leaving Sheffield do. Went back a few times when back in town the last time being about 24 years ago

remember the go go dancer Trisha off lowedges , she married cockney richard .

was trisha the one who was crazy about david cassidy.

alex were you married to linda.