The Tinsley Towers demolition morning megathread

The towers symbolised all that was Sheffield.

Good god I hope not. Ugly, bland eyesores.

been to look today.............i can see day light......big inprovement

For any one looking for some different memorabilia of the towers look no further than the cafe at the Beighton lifestyle centre. A local artist has been selling individual cooling towers oil paintings for only £10 ... And they are selling fast!

For any one looking for some different memorabilia of the towers look no further than the cafe at the Beighton lifestyle centre. A local artist has been selling individual cooling towers oil paintings for only £10 ... And they are selling fast!

Hi,

Where abouts in Beighton is the lifestyle center. Im in Hackenthorpe.

Do you also know the opening time?

Cheers,

Stu.

I liked the towers..I wish they would have painted them or something..done something with them..but not take them down. Its really weird them not being there..Bring them back lol..

So, having seen it, I didn't think I'd miss em, and I don't!

Fun to watch em go though.

Beighton lifestyle is on high street, Beighton . It is the old church hall that was reopened recently after a major refurbishment. It has meeting/ therapy rooms and a fab little cafe. It is definately open mon-fri 9-5, wed til 8 and possibly other nights but relies on volunteers so other than core hours, cant guarantee times. number is 2132160 lifestylebeighton.com paintings still available.

I miss the towers. They came down on the 24th and I'm still sad about it :(.

I'm not depressed or agonised, I don't wake up and cry, I just wish they'd not come down :(.

We went past them today on the way to Melton (leicestershire) and the landscape just looked empty. Where the towers loomed above the viaduct, the bridge now looks out over a flat plain.

:(.

Still, they put up a fight :D.

I miss the towers. They came down on the 24th and I'm still sad about it :(.

I'm not depressed or agonised, I don't wake up and cry, I just wish they'd not come down :(.

We went past them today on the way to Melton (leicestershire) and the landscape just looked empty. Where the towers loomed above the viaduct, the bridge now looks out over a flat plain.

:(.

Still, they put up a fight :D.

Now we have a view of the Sewage works and Rotherham :( I wish they would put something there and quick! It is so uninteresting now.

So three and a bit years since the towers were reduced to rubble. I wonder, what are peoples' thoughts now. Does anyone still miss them?

So three and a bit years since the towers were reduced to rubble. I wonder, what are peoples' thoughts now. Does anyone still miss them?

Yes I miss them Bloomdido, where's the new monument they promised as a replacement?, bet we'll never see anything, I used to love to see the towers as I drove by and now there's nothing. :(

Don't miss them but did like them very much at the time they were there, they did fit in the landscape and environment.

Their disappearance is also a symbol of how things move on and don't stay forever.