The Tinsley Towers demolition morning megathread

without reading all 31 pages does anyone know when the motorway is going to re-open

without reading all 31 pages does anyone know when the motorway is going to re-open

I have heard just Junction 34 is closed now.

Just got back from site of destruction,I was a lone protester but got interviewed by South African Journal. Mindless destruction. A historical and powerfully memorable night. The ******** blowing up the cultural heritage of the city. I urge you all to boycott E.On. My banner read E.On, F.Off in case anyone noticed....

lol. I saw you. Firstly, I don't think swearing is particularly constructive. Secondly, what exactly were you protesting about? Removing a dangerous and redundant structure? Replacing it with a greener method of generating energy? A private company removing it's own property which was deemed a financial liability? Or was it just an excuse to be 'special'? Utter loon.

lol. I saw you. Firstly, I don't think swearing is particularly constructive. Secondly, what exactly were you protesting about? Removing a dangerous and redundant structure? Replacing it with a greener method of generating energy? A private company removing it's own property which was deemed a financial liability? Or was it just an excuse to be 'special'? Utter loon.

either that or maybe he was exercising his democratic right to protest? And some times you've just got to swear!

As well as being part of the north's industrial heritage, those towers were a monument, a reminder of when there was a real working class in this country, not the limp wristed, telephone operating, mobile phone sale's assisting ponce's that lads seem to aspire to be these days!!

Its a disgrace they'v been demolished, we should all collectively boycott E-on, but of course-we wont.

That's definitely the best video I've seen of it. :thumbsup:

(with added screams :hihi:)

thank you for that though the BBC footage is better but they pay more for their kit. But it shows the link does work. So not sure what the problem was for Ally68. Try it again or go to the sheffield section of indymedia.org.uk and look for the post on the cooling towers.

thank you for that though the BBC footage is better but they pay more for their kit. But it shows the link does work. So not sure what the problem was for Ally68. Try it again or go to the sheffield section of indymedia.org.uk and look for the post on the cooling towers.

Had a look on the site Mark and still no luck. Might be because I'm viewing from outside the UK or it's some setting on my pc.

Had a look on the site Mark and still no luck. Might be because I'm viewing from outside the UK or it's some setting on my pc.

Sorry no idea why it isn't working, the file is 1.6mb so it may be a connection issue if you don't have broard band.

try looking at

which is the same video on you tube

good luck