The Tinsley Towers demolition morning megathread

I like the way they seamlessly turned into a Citroen Relay ;).

After relooking to see what you meant... :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

edit:

I think a trebuchet, loaded with taxi drivers, would make a much better job of demolishing it than catapults :hihi:

:hihi::hihi:

So does anybody reckon some of the explosives were stolen?

Or were they just playing it on the safe side.

:hihi:

After relooking to see what you meant... :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

edit:

:hihi::hihi:

Huh! You'll be laughing at the other side of your face next time I see you, lad, I do not care to be juxtaposed with jibbs at this time in the morning :hihi:

Huh! You'll be laughing at the other side of your face next time I see you, lad, I do not care to be juxtaposed with jibbs at this time in the morning :hihi:

It must be a night for explosions, my dictionary just self combusted. :hihi:

Anyway, let's not get done for yapping :nono:

I'm off to bed.

RIP Tonsley Tiwers.

Next time cams refresh it'll be gone..

I've preserved it - well sometime after you posted

Tinsley Towers

Camera 25 is the one - hope no one's planning to use this section of the M1 any time soon:-)

http://sccplugins.sheffield.gov.uk/utc/cam25.htm

It's the Towers sticking a finger up I reckon!

I wonder if E-on will change their 26% rise to 30% to include the finances to correct this **** up?

edit: Just realied your pic will be gone in 2 mins, so here it is for future ref

edit2: It's changed already :o

edit3: completely gone now :(

It's piddling down. Sheffield cries for it's lost...

Myself and my brother have worked all over England in the past 3 years. No matter how far or how long we have worked away we have always know when we were 'home'. We knew we were home when we saw 'our' towers.

I don't care to remember how many times i have come around the looooong bend of the M1 motorway towards Sheffield and seen the towers and thought/said, indeed SCREAMED.... 'We're home'.

For as long as i have been alive they have been there. A tribute to Sheffield's industrial past. A part of what we in Sheffield are.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XYeFl0oPoAE

Good video here, looks like the first down, falls dangerously close to the viaduct... here's hoping!

That's another great vid Vini. You can see the north tower STOP for a millisecond while it decides not to be beaten. :thumbsup:

Not long since got back home - sorry for joining the thread a bit late. Some of the remaining North Tower has fallen down on it's own (more's the pity) so it looks like they've given a good 'finger' to Eon, but not for much longer :(