The Tinsley Towers demolition morning megathread

Well, enjoyed ya company everyone, off to bed now. Just e-mailed 2 ex pats, attaching before n after pics. One in Australia (originally from Carbrook) n one in America (originally from Attercliffe), they know I'm mad, so wont be surprised at me stopping up to see the sad demise of the Towers but felt I ought to share it with em.

Night All ..............

sheffield is brill look how we all stay up in support for what we think is right ive sent my two rant mails. all i can say is thankgod for the sheffield forum and all those that could be there that took pictures and videos for us less fortunates.

my dad would be so proud and im sure he is up there laughing at that tower that didnt quite make it.

message to eon "now you see you should have listened to us and not messed with our history"

hope they lose alot of custom :hihi:

I felt compelled to visit this forum and say that E-on can go suck eggs lol

sheffield is brill look how we all stay up in support for what we think is right ive sent my two rant mails. all i can say is thankgod for the sheffield forum and all those that could be there that took pictures and videos for us less fortunates.

my dad would be so proud and im sure he is up there laughing at that tower that didnt quite make it.

message to eon "now you see you should have listened to us and not messed with our history"

hope they lose alot of custom :hihi:

well said poshgirl, your dad would be proud of you x

They've just said on Radio Sheffield that there was 5000 people there.

I reckon there were more than that, there must have been about 500 on the path behind Roman Ridge Estate. I've never seen gridlock on Jenkin Road before.....

:-))

I was down there with my family and i did cry,i will miss the towers and how great to see such support for them.

Sheffield forum and it's users are much better at getting the message across than other media,thanks to all for your updates in this merged thread.

Just got back from site of destruction,I was a lone protester but got interviewed by South African Journal. Mindless destruction. A historical and powerfully memorable night. The ******** blowing up the cultural heritage of the city. I urge you all to boycott E.On. My banner read E.On, F.Off in case anyone noticed....

Saw your banner on the way out! Thought you were quite reserved with the language!

Managed to sneak up to the top deck of the blue car park, which was 'VIP' only. The jobsworths tried to move me on but gave up, so got a good view. Realised I was standing next to Paul Scriven when he got dragged off for an interview...

I felt compelled to visit this forum and say that E-on can go suck eggs lol

:clap: what a great first post :clap:

:hihi:

(with the limited language we can use)

Going by the comments I'd say E-On are not very popular...

Understatement of the thread, I think :hihi:

Going by the comments I'd say E-On are not very popular...

well no!!!

we still have stocks in woodhouse get eon down here and we can throw eggs at them lol :hihi:

i don't normally do emails to company's but tonight was different hope many more express there dissatisfaction with itv

night all

there was plenty of us on the magna side as well

police even allowed us onto the wasteland we got a brilliant view without the viaduct in the way