The Tinsley Towers demolition morning megathread

Saw your banner on the way out! Thought you were quite reserved with the language!

Managed to sneak up to the top deck of the blue car park, which was 'VIP' only. The jobsworths tried to move me on but gave up, so got a good view. Realised I was standing next to Paul Scriven when he got dragged off for an interview...

Lofster which one was you as I was the one that dragged Paul Scriven away for the interview

Well they could hardly put "stood p*ssing themselves laughing" in the Daily Mail, now could they! Be fair. :hihi:

"A massive crowd gathered to watch the demolition of Sheffield's iconic Tinsley Towers, and say goodbye to a well-known M1 landmark." would have been an accurate opening line without having to talk sensational twaddle.

I'm surprised the Daily Mail didn't focus on "A gathering to watch the demolition of Sheffield's twin towers was marred by Labour Britain's Binge Drinking Yob Culture as uncouth northern monkeys from the deprived industrial village......(insert some minor incident here)"

Well they could hardly put "stood p*ssing themselves laughing" in the Daily Mail, now could they! Be fair. :hihi:

I would have done :hihi:

Anyone witness the "jogger" that was going home? Laughed like hell when people started shouting Beijing was that way

Grandad's Chimneys and Hendersons Relish

My beloved Grandad passed away last year at the grand old age of 101. I'm 46 yrs of age and all my life Grandad told tales of how he worked at the Tinsley Towers. We always knew them as "Grandad's Chimneys". My own kids, now 18 and 21, in turn knew them as Grandads chimneys and my daughter who is at Uni in Preston said she always knew she was home when the chimneys came into view. Last night, my husband and I made the pilgramage to see the demise of a large part of my childhood. It was something akin to attending a funeral you really don't want to go to but feel you must out of respect. We waited for 2 hours, and at the first rumble, I covered my tear stained face and couldn't watch. On finally opening my eyes, I had to have a rueful smile at the sight of the remaining chunk of North tower still standing defiantly - My redoubtable Grandad putting two fingers up to the greedy corporate butchers Eon. R.I.P. Grandads Chimneys, gone but never forgotten, what next, Henderson's Relish?

I watched this from the back balcony of a pub up on Manor Top/Woodthorpe with my family and friends - It sits right on the top of the hill so we could just make out the two silhouettes of the towers and you could see them falling seconds before you actually heard the bangs and then you could see the dust fill the air to one side of Meadowhall.

I've got to say it was a brilliant yet sad experience, wish I would have had a decent video camera to film it with or even gone myself :(

But hey 20k is good turn out for 3am on a Sunday morning :D

Well it's the frst tome I have been to Meadowhall for a bang....but the earth certainly moved for me :hihi:

But hey 20k is good turn out for 3am on a Sunday morning :D

I couldn't believe the amount of people up on Meadowhall Road (Roth side) It was chocker.

Why did they have to knock them down at 3 in the morning? I was asleep after a long day and evening at work and the explosions woke me up despite the fact i was about 8 miles away and the double glazed window was closed.

Oh and the other cool thing is that you could see thousands of little twinkles in the distance as peoples cameras flashed seconds before they went - thats how we knew they were about to go!.