The Tinsley Towers demolition morning megathread

It was a good night. Arrived at 12am and the car park was already busy but got a good view from the car in the top yellow car park. Walked down towards Debemhams and got some photos and a video of them going. I thought they would do a countdown.

Why is it that sheffielders always have to jump on the band wagon with everything. The cooling towers were on ROTHERHAM territory not on sheffield as Blackburn Meadows is in Rotherham. Just like Robin Hood airport belongs to Doncaster and not Sheffield. Build your own cooling towers and airport.
Afraid you're incorrect. Only a very small part of Blackburn Meadows falls within the Rotherham boundary. And not the bit where the towers stood.

You'll not be saying that if you can put some on ebay as radio sheffield suggested for a joke. But i bet some scabby chav will try

........ and you can bet that there'll always be some pillock - or three - who'd be daft enough to buy a piece. :rolleyes:

Was a good turn out and quite a sight to behold. I'd particuarly like to thank the young man who punched me for no reason, almost taking my ear off with his scummy soverign ring. I think I'll need stitches. But I enjoyed it anyway.

Hope your ok mate, I thought they would be a few idiots kicking off, lots of broken bottles and trolleys to clean u in the carpark at meadowhall too.

I got to say on that video I love the comments of the lady. " Is that it"?

What was she expecting!?

An awesome piece of video i hope it stays up forever and if there are any copys ever going please let me know. I'd like to keep that but cant save it.

Thanks to ITV cocking it up there was no live feed as most of us know. Although they do have video online and they wrote back to me and told me that there was a technical problem that stopped them from uploading it live.

Nice to see billions of pounds invested in technology which my iphone with FTP could have done a better job.

Yeah I saw quite a few boy racers and drunk people sadly but it was worth waiting for. Took an hour to get out of the car park.

FFS! Now the video is just of the dam news item yesterday! Although they have a nice picture on the website of them about 2 seconds in so they were there in the old helecopter. :rant:

We were in the Debenhams car park at Meadowhall. We arrived at 10:30 (!) and promptly set up our chairs near the railings for a primo view. The explosion, when it came, was an amazing sight and I was surprised by how emotional I fealt when the towers fell, especially as I didnt really have any strong feelings either way about their demolition.

Have to say I was surprised by the agression shown by some drivers looking to leave the car park. The amount of bad language and threats we heard was bizarre. No one was getting away quickly (especially if like me, your battery had died and you had to wait for the AA:rolleyes:), so why were some people getting so stressed?

What next is going to go they have taken the Salt and pepper pots, removed our Wedding cake, and squashed our egg box.

All these buildings eye sores or not were a part of us Sheffielders so why have we not made a bigger stand and stood up for our unique quirkey land marks.

Yeah I saw quite a few boy racers and drunk people sadly but it was worth waiting for. Took an hour to get out of the car park.

Was that you on the video?