The Tinsley Towers demolition morning megathread

Why is it that sheffielders always have to jump on the band wagon with everything. The cooling towers were on ROTHERHAM territory not on sheffield as Blackburn Meadows is in Rotherham. Just like Robin Hood airport belongs to Doncaster and not Sheffield. Build your own cooling towers and airport.

Have to say that your wrong there.

The Sheffield boundry follows the trainline past the towers site and includes all of Blackburn meadows.

The Supertram track runs for something like 500 yards, within the Rotherham boundary, near the Viaduct.

Don't tell em that! They'll hijack it and try to stop us having the tram back once it's crossed the border.

Hmm...in fact........that could be a good thing!

What a strange feeling to last night!

See as though our bedroom has a prime view of the towers, I decided to catch a few hours sleep, stick the alarm on for 2:50am. Woke up, walked through to the bedroom over looking the hill, and still in my sleepy haze, thought i had become some sort of celebrity with hundreds of people out with their mobile phones whilst i was stood the....ahem....birthday suit! :hihi:

Anyway, was great to watch, still can't believe it drew so many people. From the view i had, i certainly looked like the parts of the north tower that did fall, landed on the viaduct, but obviously not.

You mean it was a modern version of this, (with Sheffield accents!!) :hihi:

And may I close with the observation that all motorway drivers who cannot read signs and have to use landmarks to find their way around, ought to be banned from all roads — for ever!

OMG! he's back! MATRON, take his internet connection away for moaning! :hihi:

We're not saying we NEEDED them for navigation. We're saying we LOVED seeing them come into view. They spoke of Home, a meal, a cuppa and our own fireside. :)

Has anyone noticed that bloody great pile of builder's rubble that's been fly-tipped overnight on Rotherham's side of the M1? Get a grip Rotherham Council!!:mad:

The Supertram track runs for something like 500 yards, within the Rotherham boundary, near the Viaduct.

Go on Google earth, click on borders and lables on the left hand side and zoom in to the meadowhall area.

The border is well over the east side of the M1 and shows the tram stays within the border.

The border stays that side of the M1 from Brinsworth to just past the towers then follows the M1 north.

I just had to do this to your pics - they deserve it :thumbsup:

(can you put that van in a different folder though? :hihi: )

lol thanks for that, oh im sellin the van too he...he..

Glad you liked the pics, they were taken from the top carpark outside marks n spencer using a zoom lens:thumbsup:

Has anyone noticed that bloody great pile of builder's rubble that's been fly-tipped overnight on Rotherham's side of the M1? Get a grip Rotherham Council!!:mad:

You'll not be saying that if you can put some on ebay as radio sheffield suggested for a joke. But i bet some scabby chav will try