The Tinsley Towers demolition morning megathread

They've gone?

Oh dear, how sad, never mind!!

How will people know when they've arrived in Sheffield now the eyesores have gone? :confused:

Oh yes, I know, they can always read the bloody great blue and white signs that say 'Sheffield (Meadowhall)'. :thumbsup:

How's about the DWP building, University Arts Tower, Park Hill and Castle Markets being next on the list?

Blooming ITV !!!! So sad but what spectacular pics and videos, well done everyone !!

there is some great vids and pics i was there it was an amazing night!

They've gone?

Oh dear, how sad, never mind!!

How will people know when they've arrived in Sheffield now the eyesores have gone? :confused:

Oh yes, I know, they can always read the bloody great blue and white signs that say 'Sheffield (Meadowhall)'. :thumbsup:

How's about the DWP building, University Arts Tower, Park Hill and Castle Markets being next on the list?

You forgot to include the Town Hall in your list.

You forgot to include the Town Hall in your list.

Nah.

To my eyes the Town Hall building is architecturally attractive, and can't be held responsible for the contents thereof. :)

What a strange feeling to last night!

See as though our bedroom has a prime view of the towers, I decided to catch a few hours sleep, stick the alarm on for 2:50am. Woke up, walked through to the bedroom over looking the hill, and still in my sleepy haze, thought i had become some sort of celebrity with hundreds of people out with their mobile phones whilst i was stood the....ahem....birthday suit! :hihi:

Anyway, was great to watch, still can't believe it drew so many people. From the view i had, i certainly looked like the parts of the north tower that did fall, landed on the viaduct, but obviously not.

Why is it that sheffielders always have to jump on the band wagon with everything. The cooling towers were on ROTHERHAM territory not on sheffield as Blackburn Meadows is in Rotherham. Just like Robin Hood airport belongs to Doncaster and not Sheffield. Build your own cooling towers and airport.