The Tinsley Towers demolition morning megathread

That's quite sad to watch. :(

Ditto:(.......

GUTTED!!

Very sad to see but i suppose they were no used to anyone.

It'll be a sad day next time i come over the M1 motorway at Rotherham and don't see the twin sisters.........it always gave you that feeling you were home.

You make me laugh you lot,if they were going to build such a monstrosity near you ,you lot would be whinging your heads off.They were an eye sore.

Strange now how the HUGE GASOMETERS at Wincobank seem to be the landmark. Now they ARE what you call an eyesore! They must be well over 60 years old so I think it's time they went as well.

You make me laugh you lot,if they were going to build such a monstrosity near you ,you lot would be whinging your heads off.They were an eye sore.

Bet you can't wait for the new sleek replacement "biomass" power station to open?

You do know that the chimney for the new plant will be 90m tall (~15 m taller than the old cooling towers).. You also know that it's going to be burning waste wood?

Sometime you need to be careful what you wish for..

Lovely video on this page :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7579513.stm

The view from the NE side with all the street lights as background is impressive. Was this a cheeky attempt by Sheffield to upstage the Olympics closing ceremony? :hihi: