The Tinsley Towers demolition morning megathread

Didn't hear a thing. :(

However got all the camera shots saved

edit: added 0310

Oh Ash - you're a star!! :love:

It looks like they've finally gone and the viaduct is out of danger.

http://sccplugins.sheffield.gov.uk/utc/Images/Cam25.jpg

I know this is contrary to popular sentiment on this thread, but good riddance to two ugly eyesores. :thumbsup:

adds some more 'booos' that were on the first youtube link. :hihi:

I know this is contrary to popular sentiment on this thread, but good riddance to two ugly eyesores. :thumbsup:

Say what? Have some respect can't you, we're all in mourning here ... :rolleyes:

Go and slag our poor dead Towers off on some other thread, this one is reserved for people with sensibilities, we'll have no crassness here! :mad:

Say what? Have some respect can't you, we're all in mourning here ... :rolleyes:

Go and slag our poor dead Towers off on some other thread, this one is reserved for people with sensibilities, we'll have no crassness here! :mad:

My bold

Oh, has ash left the thread then?? :hihi:

My bold

Oh, has ash left the thread then?? :hihi:

tch!!

Just watching the last you tube by esa3942 before sleep. :)

Just got in: there were well over 2000 people in the car park at MH that I was in, and there were plenty in other car parks, up on Wincobank, in Rotherham etc. I think the 5-10,000 estimate may even have been a touch low. It ws a good night, great to experience something with so many people. A real 'wow' as they fell, followed by a massive collective gasp when we saw the North Tower still standing (ish).

People were absolutely terrible trying to leave though, pushing in, ignoring traffic queues, honking, cutting up other cars and generally behaving in a really unsafe way. There were also a LOT of drunk people out, and some even dropped bottles down where cars were driving, missing them by inches. The amount of terrible behaviour was ridiculous, which was a shame as other than impatient drivers and drunks, it was a good turnout with people of all ages.

On the BBC S Yorks page, the Towers story is neck and neck with Thatcher Dementia as the most popular . . . . ;-)

Shall miss this landmark on my travels . . . .

Well over 10k people there to watch them go I reckon. We were in the Pink car park until it re-opened at 4.00am quite a few people were wanting to leave earlier. Good on Meadowhell for keeping open for the toilets though :thumbsup: It was a good atmosphere, loads of families with little uns.

I was there with my hubby and kids on the top deck yellow car park at meadowhall. So glad we went as it was a brilliant experience. Chaos getting out though didn't get home while 5.

They've just said on Radio Sheffield that there was 5000 people there.

I reckon there were more than that, there must have been about 500 on the path behind Roman Ridge Estate. I've never seen gridlock on Jenkin Road before.....

:-))

Ahhhh - brilliant

I was trying to meet up with somebody to go there but messenger got stroppy and delivered my message 20 mins after I posted it. I'm soooooooo glad now I had to hot foot it over to a different location :D