The Tinsley Towers demolition morning megathread

Just got back from site of destruction,I was a lone protester but got interviewed by South African Journal. Mindless destruction. A historical and powerfully memorable night. The ******** blowing up the cultural heritage of the city. I urge you all to boycott E.On. My banner read E.On, F.Off in case anyone noticed....

I saw you Bridgetrose! Well done, loved the banner and so did the North Tower obviously.

Notice how it was the 'north' tower and not the 'south' that is still standing haha.

Sorry I couldnt resist pointing that out!

Itll be full of grafitti in the morning! Either that, or have a load of protesters chained to it!! (hope its the latter:hihi:)

Bit bloody late for that :o

Only an idiot would stand anywhere near that now, let alone chain themselves to it...now where's jibbs and dozy :suspect::suspect:

I think we should all get catapults, and fire stones at it, and get crowds to stand around waving fivers in the air to make it look like an oriental film :thumbsup::hihi:

Only an idiot would stand anywhere near that now, let alone chain themselves to it...)now where's jibbs and dozy :suspect::suspect:

I think we should all get catapults, and fire stones at it, and get crowds to stand around waving fivers in the air to make it look like an oriental film :thumbsup::hihi:

Im up for that :hihi:

:suspect:

I didn't take that film lisa. :hihi:

I was just saying how good it was.

Gutted they've gone. :(

Get yourself down ash, plenty of people were after taxi's, nice little earner for you...

Big digger visible on cam 26, not long left now I reckon.

not sure if my last link will work so i will try again, here's some pics

http://s523.photobucket.com/albums/w356/brunodjkj/

Superb pics Bruno! Thanks for sharing. :)

(delete your last post before that though, it doesn't work)

Get yourself down ash, plenty of people were after taxi's, nice little earner for you...

I don't think so. ;) Snorted too much meths. I expected my own tower block to go down when I just sparked up a ciggy ;)

Only an idiot would stand anywhere near that now, let alone chain themselves to it...now where's jibbs and dozy :suspect::suspect:

I think a trebuchet, loaded with taxi drivers, would make a much better job of demolishing it than catapults :hihi:

Theyre brilliant Bruno, you captured the moment perfectly:thumbsup:

Very good pix, the dust 'ghosts' are very clear as well.

We're all sad now, but I bet in a few days, people will be saying, "oohh, we get a lot more light in now those old towers are gone, and hasn't it improved the view of the viaduct"

Cos we're like that in Sheffield :hihi: We always try to make the best of a bad job.